Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• aman 13 posts 123 karma points
    Jan 24, 2017 @ 09:03
    aman

Password reset for Umbraco members

I want to allow umbraco members reset their password with temporary URL. How can I do it with Umbraco? There is an attribute enablePasswordReset according to which it should be standard feature of Umbraco.

But due to very much poor documentation I cannot find anything except this attribute in Umbraco, which could help me to use functionality in front end.

Please post any of your ideas, considerations, solutions.

Web.config string is standard one:

<add name="UmbracoMembershipProvider" type="Umbraco.Web.Security.Providers.MembersMembershipProvider, Umbraco" minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="0" minRequiredPasswordLength="6" useLegacyEncoding="false" enablePasswordRetrieval="false" enablePasswordReset="true" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false" defaultMemberTypeAlias="Member" passwordFormat="Hashed" hashAlgorithmType="HMACSHA256" />

• Rasmus Eeg 91 posts 457 karma points c-trib
    Jan 26, 2017 @ 06:35
    Rasmus Eeg

Hi Aman, Right now there isn't any standard feature to reset password for members.

The reason it's there, is because umbraco recently made the switch from membership to Identity.

And added password reset for Users

I recommend to look at the UmbracoIdentity nuget package https://github.com/Shazwazza/UmbracoIdentity

Which includes some standard Identity features.

• pranjal 75 posts 188 karma points
    Apr 06, 2018 @ 12:55
    pranjal

Use Surface controller for Resetting Umbraco Member Password

1) - When user enter email and click on send button

2) - In your surface controller use AES encryption algorithm and create token and do email config and send email to user.

3) - In backend db make custom table store member id, Token and linkconsume flag.

4) - At the time of sending reset password link make entry in db for that token.

5) - When user click reset link in post method you will get token take email from user and using service.memberService find out member details.

6) - finally save new password uisng Member.SavePassword method which takes IMember user instance and user's new reset password.

7) - Don't forget to change property in Webconfig Allowmanuallychanging password to True.

8) - Done Member Password will be reset.

NOTE:- For link expiration set date also in Token and manage flagconsume check.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft