Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Fabian 68 posts 172 karma points
    Jan 24, 2017 @ 11:50
    Fabian

Umbraco Tags Data Type throwing "Duplicates in a repeater are not allowed"

I have a content node which has a field of the data type - "Umbraco.Tags" which is throwing the following error in the console - "Error: Duplicates in a repeater are not allowed. Repeater: tag in model.value key: string:salt".

Is there anyone who encountered such issue? How have you tackled it? I already have done some research but there is not lots of info on such subject and I honestly can't figure it out.

Thanks

Jan 25, 2017 @ 10:39
    Fabian

Anyone that can be of help please? Thanks

• Amir Khan 1282 posts 2739 karma points
    Aug 16, 2017 @ 21:04
    Amir Khan

Hi Fabian, were you able to figure this out? Getting the same issue over here.

-Amir

Aug 17, 2017 @ 09:51
    Fabian

Hi Amir,

Basically the issue is that in some way the user manages to input a word twice (for example in my case the word - 'salt') and save. Apparently this is not allowed and that error is thrown.

My solution was to reset the field manually from the database by running the below query:

UPDATE [INSERT DB NAME HERE].[dbo].[cmsPropertyData] SET dataNtext='', dataNvarchar='' WHERE contentNodeId=INSERT CONTENT ID HERE AND propertytypeid=INSERT TAG DATA TYPE ID HERE;

And then warning the person who inputs content to make sure that he does not accidently input words twice.

But I am thinking to switching to just a text area and storing a CSV into it. Since this is not flexible as I hoped and causing more issues than it should!

Thanks

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Sep 20, 2017 @ 08:43
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi,

We have the same problem, is there some fix?

Only via the database?

Thanks,

Alex

• Martin Griffiths 826 posts 1269 karma points c-trib
    May 04, 2018 @ 08:28
    Martin Griffiths

I had the same issue

Temporary fix via DB works well, I see an issue has been raised in the bug tracker. No sign of a fix yet.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft