Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • Attila Molnar 4 posts 105 karma points
    Jan 25, 2017 @ 13:35
    Attila Molnar
    0

    Unable to save and publish content with new header image

    Hello everyone. I am trying to publish and save and existing template with updated header image file (or just remove the image), but getting 500 error from the server Error

    I've added the following to my web.config under </system.web>

        <siteMap>
          <providers>
            <remove name="MySqlSiteMapProvider" />
          </providers>
        </siteMap>
    

    but no use. How else can I debug and solve this problem? We are using SQL Server. Response contains the following only: )]}', {"Message":"An error has occurred."}

    When creating/copying a new page and trying to modify the header image there, it works perfectly! Can I trace the exception from Umbraco side?

    Any help is really appreciated!

  • David Peck 587 posts 1554 karma points c-trib
    Jan 30, 2017 @ 23:01
    David Peck
    0

    I guess you need to see the cause of the 500 error, which hopefully will be in \App_Data\Logs.

  • Attila Molnar 4 posts 105 karma points
    Jan 31, 2017 @ 10:26
    Attila Molnar
    0

    Hello David, I've been there to check the logs already, unfortunately without success. No errors were logged there. However under \inetpub\logs\LogFiles\W3SVC2 I can see 500s.. Other guesses? :)

  • Attila Molnar 4 posts 105 karma points
    Feb 28, 2017 @ 14:58
    Attila Molnar
    101

    Update:

    We have managed to find the source of the issue. A few months ago the IIS App Pool's identity was changed to "webuser". We are in load balanced environment, so we use a shared media folder which was accessible from both servers. When creating a page, all of webusers permissions were applied to the media folder. Unfortunately, existing pages didn't get these permissions, so when we tried to make changes to the header image, it didn't apply.

    We have applied webusers permission to all of the old media folders and the issue seems to be resolved!

    It was a tough ride, hopefully it will help others in similar issues.

  • David Peck 587 posts 1554 karma points c-trib
    Feb 28, 2017 @ 15:23
    David Peck
    1

    Glad you found a solution. Just an FYI: I found that I had to also set anonymous authentication to use the app pool user rather than IUsr in that sort of setup. Still sounds like the media share is working for you already.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft