Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Abilash Ashok 63 posts 418 karma points
    Jan 27, 2017 @ 09:17
    Abilash Ashok

Grid editor changes are not reflecting immediately

Hi,

I was watching video tutorial on Customizing TextString Grid Editor and was trying out the samples. After making edits to package.manifest file, I could see that the changes are not reflected in backoffice DataType for Grid Editor. However, after many-many minutes (not sure how much!), I could see that the changes got reflected and could see newly added editor properties.

I assume this is because of the delay in invalidating existing cache and reloading new changes. Is that correct? How can I see the changes instantly after making edits in package.manifest file?

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

• Dennis Adolfi 1082 posts 6446 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Jan 27, 2017 @ 13:26
    Dennis Adolfi

Hi Abhilash.

Yes, this is common when developing packages. To see your changed instantly, bump you ClientDependency version number. This force Umbraco to clear cached items.

Bumping ClientDependency meaning:

In /Config/ClientDependecy.config. increase the version number by 1.

enter image description here

So in the above example, it would be 113321509.

Always do this when you make changes to your package and you want to force clear the cache.

Best of luck to you!

Jan 30, 2017 @ 06:09
    Abilash Ashok

Hello Dennis,

Thanks for the reply. However there should be some config which will be controlling the cache duration interval, right? Do you know where it is? I came across a config element - <UmbracoLibraryCacheDuration> in umbracoSettings.config. Is that the the one which controls the cache duration?

Thanks.

Jan 30, 2017 @ 06:17
    Dennis Adolfi

I don't know. I usually just bump the CDF version and that always works!

UmbracoLibraryCacheDuration: This setting controls the media and member cache, so that's probably not any help for you.

Maybe this can help you: http://www.31a2ba2a-b718-11dc-8314-0800200c9a66.com/2015/07/how-to-disable-umbracos-client.html?m=1

Jan 30, 2017 @ 07:19
    Abilash Ashok

Thanks for the reply.

I have had a doubt regarding adding debug=true in the config file which got cleared with your link.

Thanks.

Jan 30, 2017 @ 11:04
    Dennis Adolfi

Thank you Abhilash!

Glad I could help!! :)

Have a great day!!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft