Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ronish Potiah 19 posts 171 karma points
    Jan 27, 2017 @ 17:33
    Ronish Potiah

[MembershipHelper] [ProfileModel] - MembersProperties does not return any custom properties

var member = Members.GetCurrentMemberProfileModel();
    var customProperties= member.MemberProperties; // count always 0

I don't understand why the member properties does not return any custom properties.

The MembershipHelper documentation states "When looking at the currently logged in Member, you will get a ProfileModel back, which contains the same data, by with additional methods and properties available which are specific to members."

I am using a custom Member Document Type. I am on Umbraco v7.5.8

• Marc Goodson 2141 posts 14344 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Jan 28, 2017 @ 13:29
    Marc Goodson

Hi Ronish

Have you ticked the box to enable the custom property to be added to the Profile Model ?

I only ask because the position of this tick box has moved in Umbraco 7.5.x and is not quite so obvious.

and also there is a long standing bug where you have to tick 'Show on profile' AND 'Member can edit' for the properties to appear in the ProfileModel !!!

Previously it was here:

enter image description here

and now it's moved to each individual property setting, which is much better place for it, but the docs are a little behind to explain where it's moved to:

I've just tried this and confirm the bug is still there - you still need to tick both boxes for the property to be included in the ProfileModel!!

regards

Marc

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft