Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jerritte Couture 15 posts 97 karma points
    Jan 30, 2017 @ 14:55
    Jerritte Couture

Upgrade error: Cannot find the object "umbracoUserLogins" because it does not exist or you do not have permissions

I cannot get past this error while trying to update Umbraco from version 7.4.1 to 7.5.2. I also get this same error when trying to update from 7.4.1 to 7.5.8.

Error during installation

The database failed to upgrade. ERROR: The database configuration failed with the following message: Cannot find the object "umbracoUserLogins" because it does not exist or you do not have permissions. Please check log file for additional information (can be found in '/App_Data/Logs/UmbracoTraceLog.txt')

Here's a screenshot of the error:

Screenshot of error

Does anyone have any insight on what would cause this? I can update the website fine on my local development PC, but I cannot update the website in our staging environment, which is an exact duplicate of the production environment.

Jan 30, 2017 @ 15:12
    Jerritte Couture

I was able to solve this, so I'm going to paste the solution here for others' benefit.

This is a slightly different error, but applying the fix at the bottom of this post (https://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/75569-701-741-upgrade-sadness-cant-upgrade#comment-245623) got me past this error. That is, I filled in:

<add key="umbracoConfigurationStatus" value="" />

with my current version:

<add key="umbracoConfigurationStatus" value="7.4.1" />

That solved this issue. I still have another issue, but I'll put that in a separate thread.

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7100 karma points c-trib
    Jan 30, 2017 @ 16:02
    Nicholas Westby

FYI, your code snippets didn't show up. You can ensure they appear by selecting them and clicking the "code snippet" button:

Button

Jan 30, 2017 @ 16:07
    Jerritte Couture

@Nicholas, hmmm...I didn't actually include any code snippets. I just posted the text of the error, which I can see above. Am I missing something?

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7100 karma points c-trib
    Jan 30, 2017 @ 16:47
    Nicholas Westby

In the answer, not the question. See arrows in below screenshot:

Answer

Jan 30, 2017 @ 17:05
    Jerritte Couture

lol...sorry about that. Had a bit of a "duh!" moment. :)

Fixed.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft