Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Andy Felton 185 posts 484 karma points c-trib
    Feb 01, 2017 @ 10:39
    Andy Felton

Hi,

We have an Umbraco 7.5.8 site which we've just recently made live. It's in a load balanced configuration using a file cluster with shared file systems. I have set the App_Data/Temp directory correctly to use non shared drives. Occasionally (2-3 times a day) we've noticed the application not responding on one of the servers and giving a timeout response, this can normally be brought back to life with an IISReset. Originally I thought this was as a result of using the backend but as it's now happened out hours I can confirm that's not the case.

The log files show all is fine prior up to the issue and nothing is present at the time of the issue, logging is currently at WARN level.

Anybody any ideas how we could debug this further? As a start we'll configure the site to not be load balanced later on today to see if that helps.

Thanks Andy

• David Peck 687 posts 1863 karma points c-trib
    Feb 01, 2017 @ 11:10
    David Peck

All I think you can do is set log4net to DEBUG, check the Windows logs and setup failed request tracing.

It could be anything TBH, so without an error message you're shooting in the dark. A bit of code could be in an infinite loop for example.

• Ronish Potiah 19 posts 171 karma points
    Feb 01, 2017 @ 15:17
    Ronish Potiah

Hi Andy,

If this is due to the Umbraco back-office, perhaps you can increase the default timeout value under web.config.

<appSettings>
      <add key="umbracoTimeOutInMinutes" value="3600" />

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft