Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Darrell Childers 9 posts 109 karma points
    Feb 02, 2017 @ 15:44
    Darrell Childers

Image thumbnails missing and some functionality disappeared from media editing for images.

I'm not sure how this happened but the image thumbnails no longer appear in neither the Media tab nor when trying to select one from the RTE. Related to this issue is the fact that the ability to edit an image once uploaded has also vanished. Originally there was a thumbnail of the image, a "Remove file(s)" checkbox, and a "Choose File" button when you selected an image to edit from the Media tab. I don't have the same problem with other media types, such as .pdf or .docx files, only happens with images.

Another thing that I've noticed is that when uploading a new image, the path to the image isn't recorded in the database. I'm thinking that when I recently uninstalled a package, it messed something up and I cannot figure out how to get it working correctly again. I'm afraid I'll have to completely re-install Umbraco and start over again. I may try to just run an upgrade to the newest version first and see if that fixes it if nobody here can help out. Currently using version 7.5.4.

The first image is how the image editing tool should look. The second image is how it looks now when trying to edit an image. The third image shows the missing thumbnails from the media tab. The forth image shows the missing thumbnails when trying to add from the RTE.

The first image is how the image editing tool should look.

The second image is how it looks now when trying to edit an image.

The third image shows the missing thumbnails from the media tab.

The forth image shows the missing thumbnails when trying to add from the RTE.

Feb 02, 2017 @ 17:28
    Darrell Childers

Ok, so after some more searching I located a data type left over from the package I uninstalled and evidently, that was causing the problems with the image thumbnails. I deleted the data type and now the thumbnails show up again. Unfortunately, I still have a problem with the "Choose file" button missing when attempting to edit an image. Anyone know how to resolve this?

Feb 03, 2017 @ 13:49
    Darrell Childers

After more research and looking over some of the editor manuals, it appears that the Image Cropper portion of Version 7.4.5 doesn't have a "Choose File" button. No need for any input from anyone on this issue. Deleting the data type I mentioned in the previous comment fixed the issue.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft