Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sahid Miller 1 post 71 karma points
    Feb 06, 2017 @ 23:14
    Sahid Miller

Does Umbraco have a Scheduled Publish event or a way to hook into this process?

It looks like the ContentService.Published/Publishing events are misnomers since they don't fire when content is published using a Scheduled Publish ("Publish at"). This is a major issue for us because there is logic that needs to run regardless of how a piece of content is published. Am I mistaken or is there another way to hook into this process?

Kind Regards, Sahid Miller

• Nigel Wilson 944 posts 2076 karma points
    Jul 16, 2018 @ 16:45
    Nigel Wilson

Hi Sahid

Not sure this will completely answer your question, but thought I'd provide some thoughts.

Umbraco is simply a website with built in functionality for publishing. What I mean by saying that is that the website needs to be "awake" for the publishing functionality to work. So typically most sites, the application pool will go to sleep after a period of inactivity and therefore the publishing will only occur when the site is next accessed.

So if you have critical events that need to occur then for peace of mind it might prove a better option to integrate server based events, or third party scheduling for the critical tasks.

Alternatively if you have the ability, then set your app pool to not go to sleep to ensure any publishing functionality works.

Hope this helps in some way

Nigel

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Jul 17, 2018 @ 08:13
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Sahid

Another way is to write own publisher, you can use the task schedule package for scheduling and write own method that will publish nodes

https://our.umbraco.com/projects/backoffice-extensions/url-task-scheduler-for-v7/

Thanks,

Alex

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Jul 30, 2018 @ 14:38
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Sahid

Share with the community how did you manage to solve the issue?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft