Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Morten Devold 10 posts 79 karma points
    Feb 08, 2017 @ 13:00
    Morten Devold

Service running Umbraco Application Pool stops responding

I have a multisite Umbraco installation that differentiates content by hostname (each site has a main node under root). All sites share the same frontend/design, but have their own differentiating content.

What happens is the site suddenly stops responding, and I have to run iisreset to get back up and running. I have checked the Event Viewer, HTTPERR logs, etc. and can't find any obvious correlating errors or warnings at the time the service goes down.

The following is recorded in Event Viewer when this happens:

A process serving application pool '[POOL NAME]' failed to respond to a ping. The process id was '[ID]'.

The frontend is build on AngularJS, and it retrieves content as JSON by calling a custom API extended from UmbracoApiController.

I'm taking one action to see if it helps: All 15 sites apparantly use the same umbraco.config file. This file is currently 2.7 MB, and shared between all sites. Assuming file is written to any time anyone publishes anything (multiple editors per site) the file will be hit pretty hard. As of writing this post I'm adding settings the following config in umbracosettings.config:

<ContinouslyUpdateXmlDiskCache>False</ContinouslyUpdateXmlDiskCache>

This is to see if async writes can help offload this issue. Other than that I'm continuing to investigate and troubleshoot the issue, and any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft