Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Michael Friedrich 20 posts 97 karma points
    Feb 09, 2017 @ 17:02
    Michael Friedrich

Upgrade from 7.2 to 7.5 - no more query parameters allowed on images

I upgraded my umbraco website from 7.2 to 7.5.9. It works pretty well but on the homepage I have a image slider (Camera slideshow 1.3.4 from www.pixedelic.com) and the images do no load after the upgrade.

In the browser's developer tools I see the request to the image and the return status is 400 (Bad Request). The script adds a time stamp query parameter to the file (sure not the best practice for images that doesn't change for months) and the image loads successful if I manually enter the url in the browser without the query parameter.

Could it be a problem with the new imageprocessor in umbraco 7.5? Did I miss some configuration while I merged the config files?

Of coarse I can change the slider script not to insert the timestamp. But I try to understand the difference between the tho versions and why it's no more possible to add an query parameter. Perhaps I will user slimsy/slimmage later and there I also have to add query parameters for the size of the image. Does someone have any idea?

• Joshua Stewart 36 posts 128 karma points c-trib
    Feb 09, 2017 @ 19:47
    Joshua Stewart

The new imageprocessor includes the previously separate imageprocessor.web.config. You can take a look at the settings in > Config > imageprocessor > processing.config . The setting you want to enable now require the enabled="true" parameter, but due to security changes it prevents additional query string params. You can see the issue here and the creator's suggested fix - https://github.com/JimBobSquarePants/ImageProcessor/issues/461

• Michael Friedrich 20 posts 97 karma points
    Feb 14, 2017 @ 16:41
    Michael Friedrich

I had to disable this image slider and will search another one or change the javascript file.

Thank you for your help.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft