Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jennifer Killingsworth 191 posts 247 karma points
    Feb 09, 2017 @ 18:21
    Jennifer Killingsworth

Error when creating media folder

Upgraded Umbraco from 4.8.1 to 4.11.10 and now whenever I try to create a new folder in the media section I get this error:

Server Error in '/' Application. Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
    umbraco.cms.businesslogic.property.Property.MakeNew(PropertyType pt, Content c, Guid versionId) +322
    umbraco.cms.businesslogic.Content.createNewVersion(DateTime versionDate) +629
    umbraco.cms.businesslogic.Content.CreateContent(ContentType ct) +217
    umbraco.cms.businesslogic.media.Media.MakeNew(String Name, MediaType dct, User u, Int32 ParentId) +269 umbraco.mediaTasks.Save() +79
    umbraco.presentation.create.dialogHandlertemp.Create(String NodeType, Int32 TypeId, Int32 NodeId, String Text) +371
    umbraco.cms.presentation.create.controls.media.sbmt
    Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +160
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +9644118
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +103
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +10
    System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13
    System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +35 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1724

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.36371

However, if I close the error window - a new folder has been created.

Feb 10, 2017 @ 16:18
    Jennifer Killingsworth

Any ideas?

I double-checked the config files, ran another comparison of the 4.11.10 files with the existing instance, checked the bin folder, checked the views folder, cleared cache by changing the number in the clientdependency config --- basically everything I could think of to troubleshoot an upgrade.

Feb 14, 2017 @ 14:24
    Jennifer Killingsworth

A little help here please?

Feb 15, 2017 @ 19:47
    Jennifer Killingsworth

Figured it out. The media type for "Folder" contained a property that was no longer being used, thus throwing an error.

I removed it an it works just fine now.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft