Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mike Ryan 10 posts 91 karma points
    Feb 14, 2017 @ 18:16
    Mike Ryan

Loading a Partial or MacroPartial inside a sitewide pod?

I am building a uSkinned themed website, the Synergy theme specifically, and my client is requesting a sitewide pod of which I would like the content to be a Partial or MacroPartial that I can edit from within my Visual Studio project/solution.

I have tried creating a Code Pod with some placeholder HTML inside and then tried to find that code within my solution, thinking in may be buried in some Umbraco folder, but was unsuccessful. Any ideas, or is this even possible?

If there is a better, more standard approach to putting "pod" like divs on either the right or left column for the whole website I am open to suggesions. Thanks in advance.

• Alex Skrypnyk 6127 posts 23875 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Feb 14, 2017 @ 21:46
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Mike

What do you mean "pod"?

Feb 14, 2017 @ 22:29
    Mike Ryan

Hi Alex. Maybe my question is too specific to uSkinned templates. uSkinned recommends asking questions here. They have what are called "pods" on the umbraco side, which are basically like macro partials that content managers can create and edit without doing any of the coding. Here is an example of a contact pod on the Umbraco side:

enter image description here

and on the website, the contact pod is on the bottom right:

One possible solution, which I have not gotten to work yet, is to allow Macros within the rich text editor of the pod itself. I created a MacroPartial, but it is not showing up when prompted to select a Macro:

• Dennis Adolfi 1082 posts 6444 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Feb 15, 2017 @ 09:29
    Dennis Adolfi

Hi Mike.

So you have created a Macro connected to a MacroPartial, and then allowed the richtext editor to insert Macros, but your new Macro doesn'nt show up in the list? Is this correct?

Can you make sure that you have ticked the checkbox "Use in rich text editor and the grid" on your Macro. See image example:

Other than that, it sounds like you have done everything right and using pods+macros sounds like a good plan!

Please let us know how it goes!

Take care!

Feb 15, 2017 @ 16:32
    Mike Ryan

That is exactly what I was trying to do...and your solution worked Dennis, thanks!

• Dennis Adolfi 1082 posts 6444 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Feb 15, 2017 @ 18:51
    Dennis Adolfi

Awesome! Glad to help Mike! :)

Have a great day!!

• Marc Love (uSkinned.net) 428 posts 1666 karma points
    Feb 15, 2017 @ 11:58
    Marc Love (uSkinned.net)

Hi Mike,

Marc from uSkinned here, we recommend using our contact form for all support enquiries.

Please contact us here:

https://uskinned.net/contact/

And we will be happy to walk you through the solution to this.

Cheers,

Marc

Feb 15, 2017 @ 16:34
    Mike Ryan

Hi Marc,

Thanks for the response. I thought the contact form was more for general product questions, but I will keep it in mind for questions in the future. My website is coming along nicely!

• Marc Love (uSkinned.net) 428 posts 1666 karma points
    Feb 15, 2017 @ 21:50
    Marc Love (uSkinned.net)

Great, glad you got it sorted

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft