Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dan Smith 13 posts 93 karma points
    Feb 16, 2017 @ 16:32
    Dan Smith

Separate Examine Indexes Using IndexParentId - Indexer Does Not Index Parent Node

I recently set up separate Examine indexes since I'm hosting multiple sites on one Umbraco instance. I accomplished this by indicating an IndexParentId for each one in ExamineIndex.config.

The problem I'm running into is the indexer gets everything but the parent node, essentially skipping the home page of each site. Is there a way to tell the indexer to include those or do I need to find another method of providing separate searches on each site?

• Richard Hamilton 79 posts 169 karma points
    Feb 28, 2017 @ 11:56
    Richard Hamilton

Dan, Did you ever find a solution to this?

I am looking into using this type of indexing as have multiple sites under one Umbraco install which share some core content but have their own news / articles etc.

• Dan Smith 13 posts 93 karma points
    Mar 01, 2017 @ 20:41
    Dan Smith

Nothing yet. Most of the other solutions for multi-site instances involve having one index and using a field called "searchPath" to narrow your search based on the root node. Only problem is my installation doesn't seem to have that field. There's a "path" field but swapping that for "searchPath" in those solutions doesn't work.

So at this point I'm just kind of stuck.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft