Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Meenakshi Ravi 13 posts 123 karma points
    Feb 17, 2017 @ 11:21
    Meenakshi Ravi

Multilingual website with separate domains for each language

I am rather new to umbraco and currently building a web site.

This site will need to support multiple languages. But each language will have its own domain and hosted separately (like www.testsite.com, www.testsite.pl, www.testsite.de etc). The sites will have similar funcitonality, but can have different content, promotions, blogs etc. My question is how this should be implemented with umbraco. I think there are two approaches:

1. Create the site structure once and entering different translations for each page. Would probably need to use Vorto here so that inside each piece of content, the different languages can be edited in multiple tabs. But in this approach, I'm not sure how the site can be deployed to different domains for each language.

2. Create different file trees for every language and fill in the pages with appropriate translations . This might mean setting up the same piece of content in each of the trees. I think this option will allow the sites to be set up with different domain names.

We might need to have some subpages only be visible in some languages - can this be achieved with the first approach or the second one?

What would be the best way to do this with umbraco? Please help.

• sahadev 18 posts 145 karma points
    Feb 17, 2017 @ 13:04
    sahadev

hi ,

i think you need to use Dictionary for different kind of languages you can get basic idea of it in this link basic of dictinary

once you understand about Dictionary

second step you can give different domain name different language using "culture and hostname" in the you assign different domain for different language

you can get more idea using this link

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft