Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• andrew darby 11 posts 122 karma points
    Feb 27, 2017 @ 17:44
    andrew darby

wordpress in a sub folder /blog gives 404 not found error

I have read previous threads about installing a separate application within a subfolder, but I did not find a solution that worked.

This is a short term requirement until we implement and migrate content to an umbraco blog.

Using Umbrac 7.4.3 I have added /blog/ and /blog to the web.config

and the blog folder is setup as its own application.

When I browse to mysite.com/blog I get redirected to our sites 404 page mysite.com/500.aspx?aspxerrorpath=/blog

Enabling Failed Request logs in IIS, I get the details as below: If anyone has this working with version 7 - would appreciate any further tips.

MODULESETRESPONSEERRORSTATUS

ModuleName UmbracoModule

Notification 8

HttpStatus404

HttpReason Not Found

HttpSubStatus 0

ErrorCode 0

ConfigExceptionInfo

Notification RESOLVEREQUESTCACHE

ErrorCode The operation completed successfully. (0x0)

• Stefano 61 posts 313 karma points c-trib
    Feb 27, 2017 @ 23:31
    Stefano

Have you added the path to <add key="umbracoReservedPaths" in the web.config? Is your site configured to run php?

Feb 28, 2017 @ 16:03
    andrew darby

Yes I added path to umbracoReservedPaths and site is configured to run php.

<add key="umbracoReservedPaths" value="~/umbraco,~/install/,~/blog/,~/blog" />

If I set the site root of website to the /blog folder the wordpress site runs fine.

The detailed error for this mysite.com/blog/ page specifies an assembly problem with the web.config file in the parent Umbraco root folder. Umbraco site root = C:\www\mysite.com\cw-cms Wordpress site root = C:\www\mysite.com\cw-cms\blog

However I get no error browsing pages on the Umbraco site.

Server Error in '/blog' Application.

Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Http, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Source Error:

Line 236: Line 237: Line 238: Line 239: Line 240:

Source File: C:\www\mysite.com\cw-cms\web.config Line: 238

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'System.Web.Http, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' could not be loaded.

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF. To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1. Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging. To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Apr 24, 2017 @ 13:38
    andrew darby

Turned out to be a simple permission problem with the Blog subfolder running as a separate iis application. fixing the permissions resolved the problem.

• TikTakToe 60 posts 102 karma points
    Oct 16, 2017 @ 12:18
    TikTakToe

Hi

What permission issue was it?

Can you add steps to resolve, as I'm getting the same

Thanks

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft