Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jcr 20 posts 130 karma points
    Mar 01, 2017 @ 12:04
    Jcr

Unable to create an Umbraco User

Hey All,

I have an issue with creating Umbraco users on v6.2.5.

While logged in, navigating to the user section, everything loads as expected. Can open/edit pre-existing users, etc.

However when trying to create a user, the new user isn't created.

steps:

1. Right-click on users and click create > 'user create' dialog pops up
    2. Populate the "Name" field with something > click dialog's "Create" button
    3. The 'create user' dialog closes, the tree refreshes, but no new user is created (new user is not show within the tree or added to the table 'umbracoUsers' with DB), the edit user view is also not displayed.

I've checked the logs located in /App_Data/Logs/ & checked the machine's event viewer, in both cases, there is no information about why the user wasn't created.

If anyone could point me in a direction of how to solve the issue, it'll be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Joshua

• Steven Harland 78 posts 518 karma points c-trib
    Mar 03, 2017 @ 12:04
    Steven Harland

Hi Jcr,

Sounds like a front-end issue. Try creating a user again, this time with your browser console open to see if there are any errors occurring.

I recall having a similar issue that was caused by a 404 on a file that wasn't deployed to the server.

Steven

• Jcr 20 posts 130 karma points
    Mar 04, 2017 @ 21:08
    Jcr

Hi Steven,

Thanks for the reply. Should of mentioned this in the original post.

Unfortunately, there is also nothing being thrown within the browser's console. I can see the call being made etc within the network tab of the console and it all looked correct.

Regards Joshua

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft