Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mark Bird 6 posts 76 karma points
    Mar 01, 2017 @ 18:01
    Mark Bird

How to include a virtual application within an Umbraco site

I've been asked to include another MVC site as a sub-application of an Umbraco site, i.e. URL

This seems to be impossible because of web.config inheritance. Nothing I've tried to fix this works.

The virtual application is running under a different application pool.

I've tried setting enableConfigurationOverride="false" on this application pool in applicationHost.config

I've tried adding <location path="." inheritInChildApplications="false"> to various places in the Umbraco web.config but I just get various errors about assemblies not being loaded.

Is this actually impossible?

• Nigel Wilson 944 posts 2076 karma points
    Mar 02, 2017 @ 00:50
    Nigel Wilson

Hey Mark

One thing you will need to do is add the directory to the main web.config - this may not solve your issues, but at least it will prevent Umbraco from trying to take control of your virtual app.

Within the Umbraco web.config find the "umbracoReservedPaths" appSetting and add the directory for the virtual app.

As I said it might not solve your issues but you might get a step further down the path toward success.

Cheers, Nigel

• mouseball 63 posts 70 karma points
    Jul 30, 2019 @ 00:44
    mouseball

Late to the party, but in Umbraco 8 I added the following in the virtual application web.config:

<appSettings>
    <remove key="owin:appStartup"/>
    </appSettings>
    <system.webServer>
        <modules>
          <remove name="FormsAuthentication"/>
          <remove name="UmbracoModule"/>
          <remove name="ClientDependencyModule"/>
          <remove name="ImageProcessorModule"/>
        </modules>
      </system.webServer>

And in the umbraco web.config added the location and umbracoReservedPaths as noted above. It worked for me :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft