Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Martin Blackwell 14 posts 72 karma points c-trib
    Mar 01, 2017 @ 18:55
    Martin Blackwell

Examine indexes not updating in load balanced environment

Hi All,

I have been wrestling with an Examine issue on our test load balanced environment today, with our custom examine indexes not updating on our slave server.

Our current LB setup is 1 master server (which also serves front end requests, with admin access provided on a separate domain that is not pushed through the load balancer) and 1 slave server with read only access to the DB.

We are using the flexible load balancing option 2 approach with file replication, in conjuction with automated deployments using octopus deploy to push code files to each server one at time (taking the server out of the loadbalancer as needed).

What I'm finding is that when content is changed in the admin the content is synced across to the slave server fine (within about 5 seconds) and displayed on front end requests but the examine indexes are being left untouched, for example we have computed fields that are used to power keyword search results and these fields are not being updated on the slave.

I have confirmed that the index is definitely not updated using Luke and seeing that the old value is still present vs the new one on the master server.

There are no errors in the log files or server event logs etc. I have also checked that the slave is synced with the cache instruction table vs the lastsync file in the app_date folder of the site.

Does anyone have any ideas on why this is happening?

Many thanks for all your help,

Martin

• Martin Blackwell 14 posts 72 karma points c-trib
    Mar 03, 2017 @ 06:41
    Martin Blackwell

Turns out this was a permissions issue ExamineIndex folder of the slave server not inheriting from the main permissions set on the APP_Data or Temp Folder.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft