Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Anton 28 posts 116 karma points
    Mar 04, 2017 @ 14:34
    Anton

RJP.UmbracoMultiUrlPicker and multiUrl website

Hi We are running Umbraco v.7.5.6 with RJP.UmbracoMultiUrlPicker v.1.3.1 installed and MvcDonutCaching v.1.3.0. In Umbraco we have one website with multiple hostnames specified: 1 main hostname pointing to loadbalancer with 2 hosts behind, 1 hostname to access CMS client interfaces on dedicated server and 2 hostnames to access loadbalanced servers directly.

We have some linkpicker fields, based on RJP.UmbracoMultiUrlPicker - and here is a problem: picker will always deliver an URL with a hostname of first request made to server.

As example: I stop IIS on one of loadbalanced server and make a local request with cURL like this:

curl localhost --header "Host: direct.non-balanced.hostheader"

If I will check output HTML, then all URLs, which are retrieved from RJP.UmbracoMultiUrlPicker will be from direct.non-balanced.hostheader. If any request will hit this server from loadbalancer - in generated HTML I will still see URLs with direct.non-balanced.hostheader (even with disabled outputCache).

If I will stop IIS, and then make a new cURL request with load balanced URL - picker will give me correct URLs.

Here is code, which generates me links:

MainNavigateItem test = mainItems.FirstOrDefault();
                         MultiUrls thing = test.NavigateTitle;
                         var link = thing.First().Url;

Is there a way to instruct RJP.UmbracoMultiUrlPicker generate relative URLs in code? I suppose that my particular issue arises due to the fact, that MainNavigateItem is not belonging to the heirs of my Home item (it is lying outside of Home item tree)

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Mar 06, 2017 @ 08:01
    Jeroen Breuer

Hi Anton,

Do you only get these problems with the RJP.MultiUrlPicker?

I thought that this picker would only store the ID of the node and the URL returned is default Umbraco behaviour. You could check the source code to see what happens: https://github.com/rasmusjp/umbraco-multi-url-picker

Jeroen

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft