Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Andy Hsieh 6 posts 97 karma points
    Mar 07, 2017 @ 01:32
    Andy Hsieh

How to find Umbraco file located on my laptop?

Hi All,

I am new to Umbraco. I just downloaded Umbraco yesterday and tried to create a website. However, there were some mistakes when I installed Umbraco, but all mistakes have fixed already. However, when I tried to open the localhost/Umbraco, Chrome and IE takes me to two different Umbraco accounts (I installed twice and I signed up twice with two different email address). I know where my IE's file is because I can open my visual studio and debug and it will take me to the IE. But I do want to know where my Chrome Umbraco file is because I will need to send the documents to my colleagues. Is there like a button on Umbraco that can show me where my folder located on my laptop?

Thanks for the help!!!

• Michael Latouche 504 posts 819 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Mar 07, 2017 @ 15:17
    Michael Latouche

Hi Andy,

What you can do is check the URL of your Umbraco site in Chrome. Then you can open the IIS express console that sits in your task bar in the right corner, by right-clicking on it and then selecting the option "Show all applications".

enter image description here

If you then click on the site name linked to your Chrome url, it opens the details, under which you can see the physical location of the files.

enter image description here

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

Michael.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft