Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Martin Almström 33 posts 159 karma points
    Mar 09, 2017 @ 13:25
    Martin Almström

Examine index out of sync, flexible loadbalancing

Hi,

We have a customer that has the setup of one edit-server (internal) and four front end servers (public).

One of the servers examine index is out of sync and differs from the other servers. Users redirected to that server doesn't get the content they expect.

I have tried rebuilding the examine index from developer section and no errors in log files.

I've set useTempStorage=true, RebuildOnAppStart=true and distributedCall enabled=false.

Does RebuildIndex from developer trigger all servers rebuild of indexes? Or do I have to touch web.config to restart app pool?

/Martin

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Mar 11, 2017 @ 08:01
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi Martin,

The dashboard only triggers the rebuild on the server you are running on. So the indexes on the other servers need to be rebuild as well.

If you have access the server you can also stop the website and delete index files. This should trigger a rebuild when you start the server again.

Dave

• Martin Almström 33 posts 159 karma points
    Mar 11, 2017 @ 08:24
    Martin Almström

So there is no way to force a rebuild of the indexes remotely? I only have access to the edit server and not the fronts.

This seems like a design flaw in the flexible loadbalancing implementation.

I guess I'll have to make some kind of api end point on the front end servers that forces the rebuilds...

/Martin

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft