Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bartlomiej Barc 7 posts 106 karma points
    Mar 09, 2017 @ 13:37
    Bartlomiej Barc

Very Interesting Post-Upgrade Error: The view found at '~/Views/HomePage.cshtml' was not created.

I updated Umbraco from 7.5.3 to 7.5.11 using Nuget package in Visual Studio. I have also tested upgrades from 7.5.3 to other versions like 7.5.10, 7.5.8.

After upgrade I can always access Umbraco Control Panel.

However, depending on how I build the site on the first time after upgrade - with debugging or without - I am getting the view was not created ERROR trying to access my pages when I run the website in an opposite way, i.e. when the first build was done via F5 only (debugging mode) then I have no error when I start with debugging and I am getting the error when I go with Ctrl+F5, however when I start the first build via Ctrl+F5 (without debugging) - only builds without debugging result in no error, and I am getting this error trying to access my pages when I run the website with debugging (F5).

Changing the line in Web.config:

<compilation defaultLanguage="c#" debug="false batch="false" targetFramework="4.5">

to:

<compilation defaultLanguage="c#" debug="true" batch="false" targetFramework="4.5">

does not help.

• Jason Woods 4 posts 96 karma points
    Mar 09, 2017 @ 16:33
    Jason Woods

Barc,

I found that clearing the ~/App_Data/TEMP folder and republishing the site fixed this issue for me.

Mar 09, 2017 @ 17:25
    Bartlomiej Barc

Hi,

Clearing ~/App_Data/TEMP folder does not solve the error in my case.

However, I can use both modes "Start Debugging" (F5) and "Start Without Debugging" (Ctrl+F5) without the error only when I re-install Umbraco.CMS Nuget Package in the following steps:

1. Uninstall Umbraco.CMS x.x.x via Nuget Package Manager;
    2. Run the Website in the mode I want to use, it is either F5 or Ctrl+F5, it results in error, because there is no Umbraco.CMS Nuget package installed.
    3. Install Umbraco.CMS Nuget package back again.
    4. Run the website. The mode I use to run the website at this point becomes the valid one, while the opposite mode always results in error until next time I decide to change that by going through Umbraco.CMS Nuget Package re-installation.

I would be pleased to find a simpler solution.

The Website published to the server works fine, it's just about switching Debug mode ON/OFF locally.

• Davide Borghi 4 posts 73 karma points
    Mar 10, 2017 @ 08:06
    Davide Borghi

I have the same problem with Umbraco version 7.5.7 assembly: 1.0.6219.11990.

Have you found the solution? Any ideas?

Mar 10, 2017 @ 13:18
    Bartlomiej Barc

When I make nuget upgrade from my current 7.5.3 version to 7.5.4 - the error does not appear, 7.5.3 on its own also works well.

However, when upgrading from 7.5.3 or 7.5.4 to 7.5.6 the error is back again.

The version 7.5.5 is missing from Nuget due to a critical issue.

• Nico 10 posts 77 karma points
    Mar 21, 2017 @ 08:07
    Nico

Same issue with new 7.5.11 install using Nuget .

In my eyes this is quite a serious issue, as I need to be able to debug and run without the need to debug in various instances.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft