Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Andrew Manifold 7 posts 87 karma points
    Mar 10, 2017 @ 17:00
    Andrew Manifold

Upgrade from 7.1.4 to 7.5.8 Database Error

Hi

I'm currently upgrading a version of Umbraco from 7.1.4 to 7.5.8.

I was able to do this on our development server although I did run into the 'cmsTemplateFKcmsTemplate_cmsTemplate' error where the upgrader tries to drop the master column in the cmstemplate table.

I was able to get round this by dropping the constraint and the rest of the upgrade went without a hitch.

All good :).

I'm now trying to do this on our live website and have create a copy of both the website and the database (these run on Azure as a web app connected to Azure SQL database) and as I expected I am getting the same error when running the upgrade where the process tries to drop the master column.

I've dropped the constraint as before with the development server but the installer still it keeps coming back with this same message even though the constraint is not there anymore. I've even dropped the column manually but still get this error about the constraint.

Any idea where I'm going wrong.

Many thanks Andy

• Andrew Manifold 7 posts 87 karma points
    Mar 12, 2017 @ 22:02
    Andrew Manifold

Sorted :)

I was changing the connectionstring for the dev slot directly in the webconfig file via Azure ftp but in the Azure portal application settings it was using the live connection string.

All makes sense now

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft