Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Mar 14, 2017 @ 15:52
    Dirk De Grave

Configure rich text editor toolbar for grid use

Hi,

I want to limit the number of toolbar options in specific situations for use in the grid? Anyone any pointers on where to configure those?

I tried to change the grid.editors.config.js to include

"config": {
              "editor": {
                "toolbar": [ "undo", "redo", "cut", "styleselect", "bold", "italic", "bullist", "numlist", "link" ],
                "stylesheets": [ ],
                "dimensions": {
                  "height": 400,
                  "width": 250
                }
              }
            }

on the element with alias "rte", but doesn't seem to make a diff?

Anyone any clue what to do?

Mar 14, 2017 @ 16:05
    Dirk De Grave

For those who are looking for the answer, don't need to add any additional config in any of the config files, you can easily config this in the grid's prevalue editor

Mar 14, 2017 @ 16:32
    Dirk De Grave

enter image description here

• Peter Cort Larsen 418 posts 1015 karma points
    Nov 16, 2018 @ 13:57
    Peter Cort Larsen

Hi,

when i change settings for my rte, the dont show up. do i need to do something special?

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Nov 16, 2018 @ 14:25
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi Peter,

Did you have a look at the source of the built-in rte grid editor

Maybe you can reuse some of their code ;

View : https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/blob/dev-v7/src/Umbraco.Web.UI.Client/src/views/propertyeditors/grid/editors/rte.html

As far as I can see they decorate a div with grid-rte directive and the set configuration attribute as well

Controller :https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/blob/dev-v7/src/Umbraco.Web.UI.Client/src/views/propertyeditors/grid/editors/rte.controller.js

Dave

Nov 16, 2018 @ 16:18
    Peter Cort Larsen

jesus, is that the only way? Shouldnt it just be to change the settings for RTE in Datatypes, and update some cache or similar.

Nov 17, 2018 @ 12:11
    Peter Cort Larsen

I was looking for thgis:

The options for the rich text editor for the grid layout are not the same as the pre-configured rich text editor data type. I think you might be looking at the wrong data type from what I am seeing in your screen shots. To change the toolbar for the grid layout data type rich text editor you need to go to the Grid Layout data type. Have a look at that data type in the developer section and you will find the toolbar options near the bottom.

• Alicia 9 posts 89 karma points
    Apr 04, 2019 @ 14:53
    Alicia

Thank you! This was exactly my problem. I was trying to configure the "Rich Text Editor" data type, but what I should have been configuring was the "Content Base - Content - Grid layout" data type. I was working on a "Content Page" in the Umbraco Sample Site on my PC.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft