Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Stephen 22 posts 195 karma points
    Mar 15, 2017 @ 16:12
    Stephen

Umbraco Upgrade Search Blank

Hi. I have just updated a site from v7.3.0 to v7.5.11.

Everything seems fine however the search functionality is returning blank. Basically what I'm doing is building a lucene query and then passing it to this method...

BaseSearchProvider searcher = ExamineManager.Instance.DefaultSearchProvider;
            ISearchCriteria searchCriteria = searcher.CreateSearchCriteria(BooleanOperation.Or);
            ISearchCriteria query = searchCriteria.RawQuery(searchText.ToString());
            return searcher.Search(query);

I have tried rebuilding the indexes and checked that nothing has been removed from the ExamineSettings.config file during the upgrade.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, Stephen.

• Nigel Wilson 944 posts 2076 karma points
    Mar 15, 2017 @ 18:48
    Nigel Wilson

Hi Stephen

In saying the "search functionality" are you referring to the front end results ?If so, then have you tried a test search in the admin area under the developer section ? Same results ?

Cheers, Nigel

Mar 15, 2017 @ 21:35
    Stephen

Hi Nigel. Thanks for the reply. We use this in conjunction with a set of filters that a user can pick. These filters are then used to create a lucene query to search for appropriate content.

I have tried searching using the search function in the developer section and it finds the content correctly.

• Nigel Wilson 944 posts 2076 karma points
    Mar 15, 2017 @ 22:32
    Nigel Wilson

Hi Stephen

The fact it works in the admin area confirms the indexing is working and so narrows the issue down.

Might not really help you I appreciate, but at least the indexer is doing it's bit.

Nigel

Mar 17, 2017 @ 09:04
    Stephen

Thanks anyway Nigel.

I think I've narrowed it down to some custom indexes which have changed which the Lucene Query searches on.

If I find out exactly whats changed I'll post the details.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft