Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • Søren Kottal 410 posts 2483 karma points MVP c-trib
    Mar 20, 2017 @ 10:36
    Søren Kottal
    0

    Listview with empty date column

    Hi,

    I am having some trouble displaying data from a DateTime field in a list view.

    Some of the nodes show the date correctly, others don't show it at all.

    See the screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/hy9Zs0J.png http://i.imgur.com/FFXnyXJ.png

    The weird thing is, the propertycollection on the GetChildren call in the listview, seems to fail with property id's being zero all over.

    The Umbraco version is 7.5.9.

    I have tried reindexing the InternalIndex, with no luck. This also happens on newly created nodes.

    Anyone seen this before?

  • Sotiris Filippidis 245 posts 1214 karma points
    May 25, 2017 @ 20:36
    Sotiris Filippidis
    0

    I've got the same problem on one site using 7.5.9. So far I can't explain why it's happening. Upon reading your post, I also tried to reindex the InternalIndex - no joy.

    I'd also like to find out why this is happening.

  • Warwick Buzacott 4 posts 74 karma points c-trib
    Oct 03, 2018 @ 04:51
    Warwick Buzacott
    0

    I don't suppose you ever worked this one out? I'm having exactly this issue with 7.10.2 right now.

    Seemingly random entries coming back from GetChildren with the property collections missing data with id's set to zero so the extra columns in my list view aren't populated correctly.

  • Warwick Buzacott 4 posts 74 karma points c-trib
    Oct 09, 2018 @ 04:57
    Warwick Buzacott
    0

    Okay, I've solved this one as far as paged listsview is concerned. It was driving me crazy.

    When Umbraco gets a paged listview it gets the nodes to show in one SQL query and then gets the properties for those lists in another query.

    Then it gets the specific entries in each of those lists for the page you need to display and puts them together. However when ordering on a custom property, it tries to convert that property into something that can be ordered by SQL, but doesn't do any other ordering after that.

    In my case it was a date for news articles. When I had 7 articles published on the same day, the order by column had 7 entries that were all the same with no other ordering. So when Umbraco tries to match up the list with the content to the list of the properties, they don't always match up and you get the zero id's and missing properties.

    Here it orders by CustomPropVal but because my news articles have the same publish date, I get blocks of content that aren't ordered specifically.

    Ordering by CustomPropVal

    In the Umbraco source I added a 2nd order by node id to the sorting, and everything worked. No missing properties

    NB: This is directly related to this bug https://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-8831 but the fix for this bug is skipped when you are ordering by custom properties hence why it wasn't working.

    I'll open a bug report for this.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft