Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Mar 21, 2017 @ 20:51
    Dirk De Grave

ClientDependency: First page request works fine, subsequent calls fails to render DependencyHandler.axd script tag

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has run into this issue.

Have implemented CD on a site I'm working on. Currently only referencing local scripts (no external scripts, no cdn)

First page request (after doing a publish) seems to work fine.

I can see refs to external css before the

<link href="/DependencyHandler.axd?s=L2Fzc2V0cy9zaGFyZWQvc3R5bGVzL21haW4tZml4ZXMuY3NzOy9hc3NldHMvc2hhcmVkL3N0eWxlcy9mb3JtLWZpeGVzLmNzczsvYXNzZXRzL3NoYXJlZC9zdHlsZXMvbGFuZ3VhZ2UtZml4ZXMuY3NzOq&amp;t=Css&amp;cdv=4" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet"/>

Same goes for the js refs to external scripts before ref to

<script src="/DependencyHandler.axd?s=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&amp;t=Javascript&amp;cdv=4" type="text/javascript"></script>

Yet, on next request of the page, I can see no more calls to /DependencyHandler.axd

Any idea why this may occur?

Have caching in place on the controller level (donut caching), but not expecting this to be the culprit, unless I'm completely wrong of course (which could be the case because after each new publish, everything seems to work again...

Any tips on where to look/what to explore next to be able to find a solution?

--Dirk

Mar 21, 2017 @ 20:55
    Dirk De Grave

Some more research... If I remove the donut caching on the controller level, every page request seems to render the /DependencyHander.axd refs fine, so defo a caching thing, although wouldn't know why?

Anyone having experienced this before?

--Dirk

Mar 21, 2017 @ 20:58
    Dirk De Grave

Ok, may have found why, and a how to avoid it: https://github.com/Shazwazza/ClientDependency/issues/28

--Dirk

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft