Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• blackhawk 313 posts 1368 karma points
    Mar 24, 2017 @ 18:51
    blackhawk

0 to hero with Umbraco 7 Search on the front-end

When I installed Umbraco 7.5.1.1 for the first time on my localhost, I installed the 1st skin package out of the 3 that Umbraco offered me. There appears to be no front-end search box that comes with the example skin.

Where can I learn to create and manage a search component for Umbraco 7? Or is it so easy I shouldn't of asked this question ;) Here are my requirements....

• A content node with a search box that can be used to search for documents and pages (not images), also search content by meta data.

• The ability to manage search results. i.e. can I display all content pages first, then all pdfs, then all word documents, then all zip files?

• Filter out search results for public members, (i.e. filter out a specific folder of documents), but when that user logs in, show all results. Is this possible?

• Add custom icons based on file extensions for each search result kind? i.e. pdfs get a small pdf icon next to them, word documents get, etc...

• Can I determine what else gets shown besides the link title of each search result item?

• Can we create a data type that provides meta data to uploaded PDF's or Word documents? All for the purpose of searching for these items through a search component? For example I may have a PDF called cats-and-dogs-company.pdf but If I had a data type text box that I was able to type into that says "cad" and a user types in cad in a search box, the cats-and-dogs.pdf will show as a result.

Thanks for any tips!

• Yakov Lebski 554 posts 2118 karma points
    Mar 25, 2017 @ 13:44
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft