Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dharmesh 50 posts 210 karma points
    Mar 27, 2017 @ 06:22
    Dharmesh

Render macro with rich text editor

Hello,

Macro with grid layout not rendering with Rich text editor. Actually i have a macro with popup. I can easily add it by choosing Macro in grid layout, but the problem is that UI in the umbraco backend displays big popup in the current screen and looks very bad, that's why i want to go with Rich text editor but it won't render the Macro with grid layout. I also try to render the simple page macro with rich text editor using grid layout but it didn't work. I checked "checkboxes for rendering macro in richtext editor" in macro, but not worked ! Please help guys :)

Thanks in advance
    Dharmesh

• Tommy Enger 72 posts 277 karma points c-trib
    Mar 27, 2017 @ 08:09
    Tommy Enger

Not sure I understood the question correctly, but if you deselect "Render in rich text editor and the grid" on the original macro, the popup will not show in Umbraco backend. Only check the "Use in rich text editor and the grid" :

Mar 27, 2017 @ 08:35
    Dharmesh

Hi Tommy,

Thanks for your answer. I just want to render a simple macro using rich text editor with grid layout so that it can be viewable to the users at front end (UI) and i tried to render it with grid layout, but i just get a single line as given below:

Macro alias: About

Here About is the name of the macro, so what i want is that just render macro that can be viewable to the users at front end. suppose i have a macro named "About" that contains a single line "hello world" then it should be rendered with "hello world" at front end that can be viewable by users.

Thanks again :)

Mar 27, 2017 @ 09:36
    Tommy Enger

Ok, I don't think that is supported. Why can't you add the macro directly to the grid instead of doing it inside the rich text editor? (Then add rich text editors on top and bottom of the macro if you need other content around the macro.)

Mar 27, 2017 @ 09:50
    Dharmesh

@Tommy, Because i have to show popup on front end when user clicks specific link, when i try to add this macro it displays as attached in screenshot given below at umbraco backend:

That's why i think i have to use RTE instead of directly adding macro :)click here

Mar 27, 2017 @ 10:16
    Tommy Enger

Have you done what I suggested in my first post? Uncheck "Render in rich text editor and the grid" ? This should deactivate the popup in Umbraco backend

Mar 27, 2017 @ 10:36
    Dharmesh

Hi Tommy

yes, I already tried that you suggested in your first post, but it didn't render the rich text editor macro at front end that can be viewable by users, it just displays a single line as i mentioned in my previous post:

Macro alias: About

Mar 27, 2017 @ 10:56
    Tommy Enger

As mentioned, it is not supported to hava a macro inside a rich text editor inside a grid.

You have to apply my suggestion from the first post, then add the macro directly to the grid.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft