Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sandro 7 posts 97 karma points
    Mar 29, 2017 @ 09:22
    Sandro

Create document type that populates one of its property from existing content

Hello guys,

I am relatively new to Umbraco and encountered problem that I couldn't find solution for in documentation.

Let me describe what I am trying to do briefly:

I have doc type "Case", and doc type "Employee".

I want my doc type "Case" to have property that upon creating content, allows user to choose from existing employees. Idea is that on each case I have several employees that were working on it.

Is there any ideas how can I achieve this?

Thanks

• Tim Watts 90 posts 395 karma points
    Mar 29, 2017 @ 10:36
    Tim Watts

Hi Sandro, and welcome.

You have two options, the first is a content picker. This is a standard editor which will let you pick a SINGLE content node (employee).

Your other option is to use the Multi Url Picker package. This will let you pick a number of different content nodes (employees) to attach to your Case.

Regards,

Tim

• Hendy Racher 863 posts 3849 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Mar 29, 2017 @ 10:54
    Hendy Racher

Hi Sandro,

You could create a new data-type with the built-in Multi-node tree picker and have this configured to allow picking of Employee nodes.

You could also use an Xml picker from nuPickers (Prefetch, Typeahead or Checkbox) and configure it in a similar manner - just depends on type of picker UI you'd prefer.

Just to add, I wouldn't suggest the Content Picker, or Multi Url Picker as whilst you can set a start node for the content picker, neither can be restricted to only pick nodes of type 'Employee'.

HTH, Hendy

• Sandro 7 posts 97 karma points
    Mar 29, 2017 @ 13:55
    Sandro

Hi Tim, Hendy,

Many thanks for your help. Multi-node tree picker did that for me.

Regards, Sandro

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft