Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• rakesh 9 posts 88 karma points
    Apr 04, 2017 @ 11:36
    rakesh

Hi Guys i want to create a page where by i can show suitable message to the umbraco Site users that "site is temporarily undergoing maintenance and we will be up in next xx hrs". Text and date by when this message is visible in this page should be customizable by Admin user from backoffice. Do you have any ideas for doing this in umbraco CMS 7.5.

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Apr 05, 2017 @ 13:09
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Rakesh

Do you want to create just html page for time when site is down?

How it can be editable from admin part if site is down? It can be only html page, and you need to write some controller that will allow you to edit html file and save. But you will not able to edit it when site is down.

Thanks,

Alex

• rakesh 9 posts 88 karma points
    Apr 06, 2017 @ 12:12
    rakesh

Hi Alex Yes i want to create a html page when site is down. I have also made an error page which comes whenever an invalid url is navigated by a user. Content of error page is customizable. Just wondering if i could do the same with this offline page which we can trigger using filter or controllser as you are suggesting.

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Apr 06, 2017 @ 14:15
    Alex Skrypnyk

Rakesh, you can manage this html page only from custom controller or use this package - https://our.umbraco.org/projects/developer-tools/render-page-to-file/

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft