Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Apr 06, 2017 @ 09:47
    Jeroen Breuer

PostSave action can take minutes

Hello,

I've been doing some test by pressing the "Save and Publish" button multiple times on the same node. Most of the time this action is less than a second, but randomly it can take up to several minutes. This seems related to the PostSave action.

Local is can take up to 30 seconds:

enter image description here Full image 1

enter image description here Full image 2

On our load balance server (2008 R2) instead of 30 seconds it can take up to 4 (!) mintues:

enter image description here Full image 3

First I thought it was related to this issue: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-6811#comment=67-35495. But I've upgraded to Umbraco 7.5.12 and it still happens.

It seems a client issue. If the PostSave actions takes this long you can just open another browser, do a "Save and Publish" action there and it will finish while the other action is still waiting.

Anyone else having this problem?

Jeroen

• Shannon Deminick 1524 posts 5270 karma points MVP 2x
    Apr 06, 2017 @ 09:53
    Shannon Deminick

The problem was answered here: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-6811#comment=67-35650

that comment actually says what this issue is solving and it wasn't this performance issue.

Apr 06, 2017 @ 09:56
    Jeroen Breuer

Hi Shannon,

Yes these problems are not related. That's why I started this topic. I would still like to know why this client issue is happening.

Jeroen

Apr 06, 2017 @ 09:59
    Shannon Deminick

Interesting, is the site huge? Can you replicate this in any other reliable way?

Apr 06, 2017 @ 10:17
    Jeroen Breuer

The website has about 3000 content nodes.

Just did some tests on an older Umbraco 7.5.3 website and there it also happend a few times.

enter image description here Full image 4

I've tested on some different doctypes too. Happens on all of them randomly.

Think you can replicate it by just keep pressing the "Save and Publish" action on a node for like 20 or 30 times.

Still not the 4 min I get on our load balance server, but it could be the same issue.

Jeroen

Apr 06, 2017 @ 23:55
    Shannon Deminick

Really sounds like you are being affected by restarts, have you check your umb logs during these times, check that your app domain isn't restarting around those times

Apr 10, 2017 @ 09:09
    Jeroen Breuer

Restarts was the first thing I checked. I thought it could be related to one of these issues:

High IO operations on Windows 2012 R2/Windows 8, application shuts down with the ConfigurationChange reason http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-6338 --> We're on Win2008 R2 and it doesn't happen on there.

Remove async parameter from the filestream when saving content xml http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-9586 --> This was fixed in 7.5.11 and we're already on 7.5.12.

Couldnt delete preview set exception http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-6811 --> Did find this in the logs, but as already mentioned it's unrelated and also fixed in 7.5.12.

Nothing else is in the logs and it doesn't restart. When the PostSave action takes 4 min you can just open another browser and continue working.

Jeroen

• Ross Stewart 2 posts 71 karma points
    Mar 19, 2020 @ 11:00
    Ross Stewart

Sorry to bump this thread, but I'm having a similar issue.

Site is on 7.13.1 and is sitting on Azure, on a P2V2 plan. It is not load balanced. It has in the region of around 400 content nodes.

It's taking in the region of 1.6mins - 2 mins for PostSave to complete,

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks! Ross

• Alex Bromilow 2 posts 72 karma points
    Nov 09, 2020 @ 14:37
    Alex Bromilow

I'm also getting this issue on a Umbraco 8.1.3 site we host.

It appears to be very intermittent and will randomly resolve itself and then re-occur a few days later.

When you click 'Save' on one of the nodes, the 'Save' button spins but nothing else happens.

enter image description here

Looking in the network tab, the 'Post Save' action sticks at pending, this also happens when trying to clear the cache with the 'Reload Cache' action.

enter image description here enter image description here

I left it running for a few minutes to see how long it would take to finish, but the login sessions timed out before then.

Please can we get some kind of update on this?

Thanks, Alex

• Thomas 315 posts 602 karma points c-trib
    Mar 13, 2023 @ 15:09
    Thomas

Anyone found out why this happen ?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft