Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Meenakshi Ravi 13 posts 123 karma points
    Apr 06, 2017 @ 13:39
    Meenakshi Ravi

ASP.NET runtime error when trying to create a partial view form Umbraco backoffice

Hello,

I've just installed Umbraco v7.5.12 from Nuget and developing my Umbraco site. I have a few packages installed too (see image packages.png).

When I right click on partial views in the Settings tab, I get an ASP.NET runtime error. Please see attached images. I created a folder called "Nav" in Visual Studio and then reloaded the node. I can see the folder but I can't create anything in Partial views.

The exact exception is:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Method not found: 'Void umbraco.editorControls.ResourceExtensions.RegisterEmbeddedClientResource(System.Web.UI.Page, System.Type, System.String, umbraco.cms.businesslogic.datatype.ClientDependencyType)'.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void umbraco.editorControls.ResourceExtensions.RegisterEmbeddedClientResource(System.Web.UI.Page, System.Type, System.String, umbraco.cms.businesslogic.datatype.ClientDependencyType)'.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void umbraco.editorControls.ResourceExtensions.RegisterEmbeddedClientResource(System.Web.UI.Page, System.Type, System.String, umbraco.cms.businesslogic.datatype.ClientDependencyType)'.] uComponents.UI.uComponentsModule.IncludeScripts(Page page, Func`2 filter) +0 uComponents.UI.<>cDisplayClass9.2(Object s2, EventArgs e2) +84 System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +95 umbraco.BasePages.BasePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +59 umbraco.cms.presentation.Create.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +101 Umbraco.Web.UI.Umbraco.CreateDialog.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +121 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +59 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2952

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.6.1085.0 enter image description here

What am I doing wrong? With previous versions, there was no problem creating one. enter image description here enter image description here

Please help.

Thanks.

• Kevin Jump 2312 posts 14698 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Apr 06, 2017 @ 16:08
    Kevin Jump

Hi

I think your issue is with uComponents, which isn't supported on Umbraco 7 ?

Kevin

• Meenakshi Ravi 13 posts 123 karma points
    Apr 12, 2017 @ 15:39
    Meenakshi Ravi

Thanks Kevin. Uninstalling uComponents solved the issue.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft