Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Proxicode 127 posts 323 karma points
    Apr 10, 2017 @ 22:54
    Proxicode

EventCalendar 3.2.2 "Error: Could not load calendar"

Hello everyone,

A few months ago I installed v2 of David Brendel's awesome event calendar plugin. I've was using the v2.x version successfully but the client asked for the ability to do annual renewals such as birthdays and anniversaries as well so I installed v3 last night and ran into a few issues...

Initially I got an error about trying to enter a route value that already existed into the routes collection, I assume this was because I did not uninstall v2 first. So I had to uninstall v2, then reinstall v3, and it seemed to work ok.

Now however when I open the EventCalendar tab from the left nav bar, I get an error that says "Error: Could not load calendar" and I have no calendars or locations folder like I expect.

Any ideas? At this point I have no code that I can share because this is just an out of the box install.

enter image description here

Thanks -Roger

• David Brendel 792 posts 2970 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Apr 12, 2017 @ 18:01
    David Brendel

Hi Roger,

sorry for the delay.

First thing would be to check if you updated newtonsoft.json to version 7.0.1.

This is needed as the Google calendar c# library depends on it.

If that is not the cause we have to check further.

Regards David

Apr 12, 2017 @ 20:53
    Proxicode

So even though NuGet showed that I had NewtonSoft 7.01, the actual file version in the bin was v6 and the web.config was still showing v6. So I updated the project to use 7.01 and the "Could not load calendar" error did disappear. :-)

Now I just have one issue which is that there is nothing in the left side (div id="navigation"). It is collapsed just as is the screenshot above. When I go poking around with developer tools it is actually display:none, and even when I force it to show, it's is empty.

I am getting some console errors.

GET http://localhost:64129/umbraco/backoffice/EventCalendar/LicensingApi/CheckTrial 500 (Internal Server Error)

GET http://localhost:64129/umbraco/backoffice/EventCalendar/LicensingApi/CheckValid 500 (Internal Server Error)

Does this help or is there any more info I can provide?

Thanks so much for your help!

Apr 13, 2017 @ 01:59
    Proxicode

Ok, in all of my moving files around I somehow left out the licensing dll. I added that back to the bin and now there are no console errors and no on screen errors, but still no left navigation area.

We are making progress but not quite there. Thanks for sticking with me.

• David Brendel 792 posts 2970 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Apr 13, 2017 @ 08:45
    David Brendel

Hi Roger,

seems that some of the config files were not correctly manipulated during install.

Can you check if you have that entry in the trees.config file:

<add initialize="true" sortOrder="0" alias="ecTree" application="eventCalendar" title="Calendar" iconClosed="icon-folder" iconOpen="icon-folder-open" type="EventCalendar.Umbraco.Trees.EventCalendarTreeController, EventCalendar.Umbraco" />

The custom section itself is showing correct?

Regards David

Apr 13, 2017 @ 17:39
    Proxicode

I see the section now!! It was in there, but this must have been the old one, so yeah it seems something went screwy in the install.

<add initialize="true" sortOrder="0" alias="ecTree" application="eventCalendar" title="Calendar" iconClosed="icon-folder" iconOpen="icon-folder-open" type="EventCalendarBelle.Trees.ECCalendarTreeController, EventCalendarBelle" />

Looks like I am good to go. I haven't tried creating anything yet, but it looks like I am ready to get started now. Thanks again for your assistance & patience. You should see the licence purchase tonight.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft