Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• LD 9 posts 90 karma points
    Apr 16, 2017 @ 07:55
    LD

Problems moving SQL database to another server

Hi, once I try to change the connection string for Umbraco DB, I get from browser /AuthorizeUpgrade?redir=%2finstall%2f%3fredir%3dtrue%26url%3dhttp%253a%252f%252f

It asks for username & password but doesn't work. Once I change to old connection string it works.

We need to change servers urgently, thank you!

Apr 16, 2017 @ 19:04
    LD

anyone?

• Marc Goodson 2146 posts 14350 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Apr 16, 2017 @ 21:18
    Marc Goodson

Hi Ld

When Umbraco starts up it compares the state of the Umbraco database with the version of Umbraco dlls in the application, if the dlls are a later version than the database, then this triggers the Upgrade process, to bring the database up to the same version as the dlls.

If this is the case in your situation, then is the database you are trying to switch to an exact restore of the db you are switching from ?

if you visit the /app_data/logs and view the trace logs after you switch connection strings, do you receive any clues as to what might be triggering the upgrade screen - often you will get a debug message explaining the reason why the upgrade is triggered (make sure level of logging in /config/log4net is set to debug)

The other thing to verify is your server where your Umbraco appliction resides, can it successfully connect to the new database server with the credentials used (use Enterprise Manager or an ODBC connection to verify), and if you can connect does this account have necessary permissions to the Umbraco tables eg dbo.

regards

Marc

Apr 18, 2017 @ 15:10
    LD

Thank you solved as Umbraco DB was installed without dbo but different prefix.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft