Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sam 79 posts 426 karma points
    Apr 18, 2017 @ 18:04
    Sam

Publishing causes error in backoffice

hello all,

When I go to publish, delete, or unpublish I get errors from umbraco.

If I use the Save and Publish Button, the button greys out and the site does nothing. if I inspect and look in the console I see a 500 Internal Server Error for umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoApi/Content/PostSave 500 (Internal Server Error)

If I try to publish a child Item from a list enabled view, I get a red message at the bottom saying - Server error: Contact administrator, see log for full details. Failed to publish content with id 5457

I also get a similar error if I try to delete a document.

when I refresh the page, back office returns to normal, and when I check the site the new content is there.

Occasionally, there is a page that will show an error on the front end, and apon checking the back office, there is a message in the properties that says: Oops: this document is published but is not in the cache (internal error)

I have looked at a bunch of similar issues, and followed alot of the suggestions, but nothing seems to fix this.

I have: -Republished all the nodes -Cleared and Rebuilt Cashe -touched the config file , so the site rebuilds -deleted umbraco.config file so it is rebuilt - checked and double checked folder permissions

I am at a loss, any information would be good.

this site is on version 7.2.8

• Dennis Adolfi 1082 posts 6445 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Apr 18, 2017 @ 18:54
    Dennis Adolfi

Hi Sam.

Could you have a look in your log files (App_Data/Logs) and look for any rows marked ERROR and post them here? Hopefully someone here will be able to help you if we get some more information.

All the best / Dennis

Apr 18, 2017 @ 19:27
    Sam

2017-04-18 14:53:38,468 [27] ERROR Umbraco.Core.PluginManager - [P5444/T20/D3] Error creating type umbraco.presentation.nodeFactory.UmbracoSiteMapProviderAccessUpdate System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Authentication to host '' for user '' using method 'mysqlnativepassword' failed with message: Access denied for user ''@'sv9728.si-servers.com' (using password: NO) (C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Config\machine.config line 284) ---> MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Authentication to host '' for user '' using method 'mysqlnativepassword' failed with message: Access denied for user ''@'sv9728.si-servers.com' (using password: NO) ---> MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Access denied for user ''@'sv9728.si-servers.com' (using password: NO) at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.ReadPacket() at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Authentication.MySqlAuthenticationPlugin.ReadPacket() --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Authentication.MySqlAuthenticationPlugin.AuthenticationFailed(Exception ex) at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Authentication.MySqlAuthenticationPlugin.ReadPacket() at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Authentication.MySqlAuthenticationPlugin.Authenticate(Boolean reset) at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.Authenticate(String authMethod, Boolean reset) at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.Open() at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.Open() at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.Create(MySqlConnectionStringBuilder settings) at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.CreateNewPooledConnection() at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.GetPooledConnection() at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.TryToGetDriver() at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.GetConnection() at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnection.Open() at MySql.Web.Common.SchemaManager.GetSchemaVersion(String connectionString) at MySql.Web.Common.SchemaManager.CheckSchema(String connectionString, NameValueCollection config) at MySql.Web.SiteMap.MySqlSiteMapProvider.Initialize(String name, NameValueCollection config) at System.Web.Configuration.ProvidersHelper.InstantiateProvider(ProviderSettings providerSettings, Type providerType) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Web.Configuration.ProvidersHelper.InstantiateProvider(ProviderSettings providerSettings, Type providerType) at System.Web.Configuration.ProvidersHelper.InstantiateProviders(ProviderSettingsCollection configProviders, ProviderCollection providers, Type providerType) at System.Web.Configuration.SiteMapSection.getProvidersInternal() at System.Web.SiteMap.Initialize() at System.Web.SiteMap.getProvider() at umbraco.presentation.nodeFactory.UmbracoSiteMapProviderAccessUpdate..ctor() --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck) at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic) at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type) at Umbraco.Core.PluginManager.CreateInstances[T](IEnumerable`1 types, Boolean throwException)

Apr 18, 2017 @ 19:32
    Dennis Adolfi

Ah, I've seen this error before.

Try this solution:

https://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-7/using-umbraco-7/57929-MySQL-Connection-error-for-site-that-doesnt-Use-MySQL#comment-198679

Please let me know if it works for you!

Take care!

Apr 19, 2017 @ 14:49
    Sam

That did the trick. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

Just to clarify, This is because the server had an automated sitemap from MySQL installation? Will I need to include this bit of code for all sites hosted on the same server?

Apr 19, 2017 @ 17:24
    Dennis Adolfi

Awesome, glad that I could point you in the right direction.

I don't think you should have to include this code in every install, I think it's fixed in future versions.

Have a great day my friend!

• Paulo Amf 4 posts 74 karma points
    Jun 21, 2017 @ 22:16
    Paulo Amf

Hello everyone, good night, my name is Paulo Amf, I'm working with Umbraco (7.6.3) a little while, but I have a problem that is driving me crazy in my first application in Live Site. In development works perfect, but in my HOST this error occurs:

MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException (0x80004005): Authentication to host 'mysql.barbosajj.kinghost.net' for user 'barbosajj' using method 'mysqlnativepassword' failed with message

Below an excerpt from the Log file:

2017-06-21 18:25:02,137 [P11996/D3/T1] WARN Umbraco.Core.Persistence.DbConnectionExtensions - Configured database is reporting as not being available! Server: mysql.barbosajj.kinghost.net, Database: barbosajj. Exception: MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException (0x80004005): Authentication to host 'mysql.barbosajj.kinghost.net' for user 'barbosajj' using method 'mysql_native_password' failed with message: Reading from the stream has failed. ---> MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException (0x80004005): Reading from the stream has failed. ---> System.IO.EndOfStreamException: Tentativa de leitura ultrapassou o fim do fluxo.

I already did the indicated in the solution and still the error persists:

https://our.umbraco.org/projects/starter-kits/ublogsy/ublogsy-bugs/59408-Publish-Content-not-working-properly-on-live-site

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft