Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• James Paquette 11 posts 41 karma points
    Apr 18, 2017 @ 21:18
    James Paquette

Home page is now returning 404 and I don't know why.

I've recently started working on a test site to learn Umbraco 7. I deleted the template my home page was using because I realized I had set up the Master - Child hierarchy wrong. After I switched the template being used by my doctype, I started getting this error:

ERROR Umbraco.Core.UmbracoApplicationBase - An unhandled exception occurred System.InvalidOperationException: The template with Id 1102 does not exist, the page cannot render

So I unpublished the page, changed the template again and republished it. Now I'm getting a 404 error on the home page. When I check the log file I'm finding this:

WARN Umbraco.Web.UmbracoModule - Status code is 404 yet TrySkipIisCustomErrors is false - IIS will take over.

I'm stuck at this point and don't know how to correct the problem. Does anyone have any ideas that could help?

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7100 karma points c-trib
    Apr 18, 2017 @ 21:54
    Nicholas Westby

Some basic things you can try:

• Ensure you have the new template selected in the "Properties" tab of the homepage content node. Publish that node to be doubly sure.
    • When you click on the template in the settings section of Umbraco, be sure the CSHTML file displays.
    • Once you click on the template, note that the template ID will appear in the URL (about the last 4 characters). You might be able to use this as a sanity check (e.g., the umbraco.config mentions the template ID used for each node).
    • Set trySkipIISCustomErrors to true in the umbracoSettings.config file (in the config folder).
  • James Paquette 11 posts 41 karma points
    Apr 19, 2017 @ 13:22
    James Paquette

Thanks Nicholas! I didn't have the template set on the properties tab in my page for the homepage of the content node. Can't believe I missed that. Really appreciate your help, cheers!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft