Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jonathan Roberts 409 posts 1063 karma points
    Apr 21, 2017 @ 09:48
    Jonathan Roberts

Umbraco Forms - Send email depending on Dropdown option

Hi,

I have an Umbraco form that has a dropdown list of users. Is it possible to send an email to the person that is selected in the dropdown?

Im using the latest version of Umbraco Forms.

Thanks

Jon

• Alex Skrypnyk 6131 posts 23950 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Apr 21, 2017 @ 10:04
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Jon

You have to write your own custom workflow for this case.

Look how you can create custom workflow:

https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/products/umbracoforms/Developer/Extending/Adding-a-Workflowtype

Thanks,

Alex

• Jonathan Roberts 409 posts 1063 karma points
    May 23, 2017 @ 09:49
    Jonathan Roberts

But can you get a value from a CMS page that has Email address as a field? For example - the Drop Down Text says Mrs Williams and then we look at a CMS page for Mrs Williams and we pull the email address from that?

I hope that makes sense,

Jon

• [email protected] 406 posts 2135 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    May 24, 2017 @ 07:04
    jeffrey@umarketingsuite.com

Hi Jonathan,

another option could be using a package we've created a while ago (https://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/perplexmail-for-umbraco/). It allows editors to customize emails in the backend of Umbraco, but it also comes with a custom workflow for Umbraco Forms that allows you to send these emails after a form submit.

In these forms you can use if-then-else-logic, so what you could do is some like this in the To-Field:

{if [#dropdownvalue#] = 'Mrs Williams'}[email protected]{else}[email protected]{/if}

Never used it like this before, but I think that would work pretty good out of the box.

Maybe it makes sense and helps you a bit in the right direction.

Regards, Jeffrey

• Giovanni Sidoel 94 posts 233 karma points
    May 29, 2019 @ 11:54
    Giovanni Sidoel

Hi Jeffrey,

Did you ever get around to testing your proposed solution? I have similar needs as Jonathan and would prefer not to write a new workflow if I can help it.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft