Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tomas Heed 3 posts 103 karma points
    Apr 21, 2017 @ 15:15
    Tomas Heed

Upgrading Umbraco 7.4.3->7.5.13 using nuget. Install/api/GetSetup 404 not found!?

Hello,

We are using Umbraco, version 7.4.3 in one of our sites. I have spent the day trying to upgrade it to 7.5.13 but I get a strange behaviour.

When the update is complete I run the site on localhost. (I have merged all my config files according to my best knowledge) I enter my credentials and the page is redirected to the install screen with the ukulele and the sofa. However, I get stuck here.

If I open up the developer console in IE I see that the action install/api/GetSetup returns a 404 - not found error.

If I download the source code from github and run it, the install/api/GetSetup is retrieved correctly for that site. But the nuget DLL's in my old site will not resolve the address.

I was thinking that maybe I could finish the database upgrade by entering my database data into that freshly created folder that I just downloaded from github. However, Umbraco will not let me log in using my credentials, even though I point the umbracoDbDSN to my database in the web.config.

So, please advice: 1. Should I even use nuget to upgrade Umbraco? 2. Has anyone got stuck at the same location and knows how to help me get through? 3. Is it possible for me to finish up the database job through my newly created github localhost site? 4. Why can't I log in to the newly created umbraco github localhost site using my existing database connection and the same username/password?

Apr 24, 2017 @ 06:30
    Tomas Heed

No ideas?

Apr 24, 2017 @ 11:06
    Tomas Heed

OK, it's like this Internet Meme "My code works and I don't know why". All of a sudden the freshly created folder accepted my login credentials and I could complete the update using that "fresh installation" approach.

Case closed.

• Sasho Fidanovski 4 posts 73 karma points
    Jul 15, 2017 @ 11:19
    Sasho Fidanovski

Hello , Can you be more specific about the thing you did, because I have the same exact problem and i can't fix for about 5 days. Sasho

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft