Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Patrik 37 posts 89 karma points
    Apr 27, 2017 @ 16:37
    Patrik

Visual Studio Web Deploy to Azure

Hi all, I'm in the process of moving an Umbraco site to Microsoft Azure App Service.

The plan is to deploy from within Visual Stuidio using Web Deploy with a publish profile downloaded from the Azure portal.

I'm now trying to exclude some folders and files from future deployments. For example, i don't want to include umbraco, umcraco_client, .config-files and such.

I've tried adding

Anyone experienced this behaviour?

For you guys hosting your Umbraco sites in Azure; how does your deployment procedure look like?

Thanks!

• Dan Diplo 1554 posts 6205 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Apr 27, 2017 @ 18:44
    Dan Diplo

I think there are some special web deploy targets that Umbraco adds to MS Build tasks when you install it from NuGet. This hides Umbraco folders from VS, but ensures they get deployed when you publish. I guess this overriding your attempts to remove them. Not sure how you fix this, but I guess dig into the MS Build scripts.

• Patrik 37 posts 89 karma points
    Apr 28, 2017 @ 23:37
    Patrik

Thanks Dan! I'll check the MS Build tasks and see if i can figure something out there!

• Mihail Coscodan 3 posts 73 karma points
    Jan 27, 2018 @ 00:03
    Mihail Coscodan

Hi all I deploy my working umbraco with sql database from local to Azure. After deploy I see these errors: The database failed to upgrade. ERROR: The database configuration failed with the following message: Cannot find the object "umbracoUserLogins" because it does not exist or you do not have permissions. Please check log file for additional information (can be found in '/App_Data/Logs/UmbracoTraceLog.txt') (I can login from sql and create a other user for this. and could login too) When I deploy to a database that has my tables have this error The Xml cache is corrupt. Use the Health Check data integrity dashboard to fix it. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Exception: The Xml cache is corrupt. Use the Health Check data integrity dashboard to fix it.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[Exception: The Xml cache is corrupt. Use the Health Check data integrity dashboard to fix it.] Umbraco.Web.PublishedCache.XmlPublishedCache.PublishedContentCache.GetXml(UmbracoContext umbracoContext, Boolean preview) +80 Umbraco.Web.PublishedCache.XmlPublishedCache.PublishedContentCache.HasContent(UmbracoContext umbracoContext, Boolean preview) +14 Umbraco.Web.PublishedCache.ContextualPublishedCache`1.HasContent(Boolean preview) +35 Umbraco.Web.UmbracoModule.EnsureHasContent(UmbracoContext context, HttpContextBase httpContext) +41 Umbraco.Web.UmbracoModule.EnsureUmbracoRoutablePage(UmbracoContext context, HttpContextBase httpContext) +112 Umbraco.Web.UmbracoModule.ProcessRequest(HttpContextBase httpContext) +211 Umbraco.Web.UmbracoModule.

• Andy Felton 185 posts 484 karma points c-trib
    Jun 09, 2018 @ 15:52
    Andy Felton

Hi Mihail,

Is it possible that you're installing an upgraded version of Umbraco compared to your current database?

When you get the error 'The Xml cache is corrupt. Use the Health Check data integrity dashboard to fix it.' Are you able to log in the Umbraco back office - if so are you able to run any of the Health Checks on the Developer Tree and health check tabs, try to run the Data Integrity checks.

Thanks Andy

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft