Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• alimac 182 posts 371 karma points
    Apr 27, 2017 @ 18:52
    alimac

Is it possible to disable versioning on particular nodes?

I've run into a significant problem: I'm using Umbraco to manage content that's not related to web pages, and I completely forgot about Umbraco's versioning.

Since these nodes are being updated regularly, I can't afford to have a new node created on every publish for the rollback.

Is it possible to disable versioning for a particular node and it's children?

Thanks

UPDATE: I think I've made a massive faux pas here trying to use the CMS as a data store - I think I'm going to have to create some custom tables and hook it up manually...

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Apr 28, 2017 @ 06:26
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi Alimac,

It's not possible to disable the versioning for specific node types.

But there is a package that allows you to limit the number of versions to keep of a certain doctype : https://our.umbraco.org/projects/website-utilities/unversion/

Dave

• alimac 182 posts 371 karma points
    Apr 28, 2017 @ 07:41
    alimac

Thanks Dave,

That would be useful however after thinking about this for a little while, I really shouldn't be keeping my custom data in the CMS - it's not what it was designed for.

I used FALM to tidy up the old versions (which freed up a lot of space) but I'll be switching over all my data to custom tables.

Thanks for the tip though

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft