Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• emma 7 posts 57 karma points
    May 02, 2017 @ 01:32
    emma

General Pods cant be added to any pages on the website

im trying to add a twitter feed to our company website but for some reason I cannot add any general pods to the website. There are a number of pods which have been created

However, when I go into the page to add them, none of the pods appear- even when I search for them:

enter image description here

Could someone please point me in the right direction as to how to fix this? My other job also uses this template and I have had no issues with the pods not showing up.

Any help would be hugely appreciated!

• Alex Skrypnyk 6133 posts 23952 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    May 05, 2017 @ 11:07
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Emma

What are pods in your system?

What datatype are you using?

Thanks,

Alex

• David Hutson 48 posts 379 karma points
    May 05, 2017 @ 11:23
    David Hutson

Hi Emma.

The concept of a Pod doesn't exist in Umbraco as a thing and is something that has been created for your site. It sounds like it's been built to allow you to add reusable pieces of content to pages like widgets in WordPress.

Without seeing the backend it is hard to say why it's missing but by default any search functionality is driven by Examine. I would start by looking at rebuilding the examine index to see if this fixes the search issue. The internal index will hold all content but you my have a custom index for pods. It's worth reindexing the index in case it has got corrupted. Depending on the size it can take a while and might affect performance so be warned. enter image description here

Also it's a good idea to look at the logs to see if an error has been thrown behind the scenes. These can be found inside the App_Data /Logs folder in the root of the site. There is a great package Trace Log Viewer that would help will uncovering issues.

I hope this helps.

• John Bergman 483 posts 1132 karma points
    May 05, 2017 @ 18:15
    John Bergman

Are you using one of the uSkinned products?

May 08, 2017 @ 00:08
    emma

Thanks so much everyone for getting back to me- I really appreciate it!

I am using a Uskinned theme called 'Handyman'.

I'm just confused as to why it isn't working as the other website I have been editing has the same theme and the pods are working as they are supposed to.

Any help or guidance would be great- I'm not really savvy with this kind of thing :(

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7100 karma points c-trib
    May 08, 2017 @ 02:56
    Nicholas Westby

I would start by right clicking an choosing "Inspect Element" so that the developer console appears (assuming you are using Chrome). The console may list some error messages that may give you some insight.

• Marc Love (uSkinned.net) 432 posts 1691 karma points
    May 09, 2017 @ 10:17
    Marc Love (uSkinned.net)

Hi Emma,

Marc from uSkinned here. To get answers quickly to your questions please use our contact form on the website.

https://uskinned.net/contact/

With regards to your issue. It looks like the Data Type USN Pod Picker isnt pointing to the Sitewide pods folder where your Pods are found.

Go to Developer > Data Types > USN Pod Picker

Make sure the Node type is set to Content and the Sitewide Pods folder is selected.

Cheers,

Marc

May 10, 2017 @ 22:59
    emma

A massive thanks to everyone who helped out.

Marc, your advice worked and the Twitter Feed is now on the website :) thanks so much! Hugely appreciated.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft