Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Christoffer Frede 16 posts 126 karma points
    May 03, 2017 @ 11:29
    Christoffer Frede

nuPicker using reference

Hey all. i have just installed the nuPicker package from the backoffice in an 7.5.6 umbraco installation.

i have created a sql dropdown picker, which works and gets and shows data in the dropdown from the database.

now i would like to get the data in a template. I have tried looking up some examples on how to do this and many of them have a reference to nuPicker like this @using nuPicker when i try to add that reference i get this error: The type or namespace name 'nuPicker' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

anyone why i cant reference nuPicker ?

• Dan Diplo 1554 posts 6205 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    May 03, 2017 @ 12:33
    Dan Diplo

I think it should be @using nuPickers (plural)

Easiest way to make this available to all views is to edit the web.config file in your /Views/ folder (not your main one) and then add in:

<namespaces>
            <add namespace="nuPickers"/>
    </namespaces>

(Just add the above into namespaces and leave whatever is already there). This globally registers the namespace for all views.

• Christoffer Frede 16 posts 126 karma points
    May 03, 2017 @ 13:24
    Christoffer Frede

thank you man!

@using nuPickers did it for me. now its working and i can get the Picker object. i did not add the namespace to the /views/web.config, but maybe ill have to add it at a later time if the reference is not working in all views. anyway, thumbs up.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft