Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Travis Nelson 7 posts 27 karma points
    May 04, 2017 @ 03:46
    Travis Nelson

Media Performance - Lots of Images (thousands)

Hello,

I am working with an Umbraco site which has a Media folder containing thousands of images and other files. Unfortunately there is no real organization to the files--they're all just dumped into the root media folder, largely because most were added via Image properties in document types, and the site is many years old with hundreds of pages of content.

Over the years the site has amassed a very long list of media files, and loading the Media list takes a long time (20-30 seconds on average). Likewise, searching for media from a media picker is painfully slow.

Does anyone have recommendations on improving this? Either via pagination of results, a different media library plugin (cloud-based?), or even database index changes, which I've seen recommended in passing? We're running Umbraco 7.2.8

Thank you!

• John Bergman 483 posts 1132 karma points
    May 04, 2017 @ 04:49
    John Bergman

The CMS implementation we are doing is going to face the same type of problem. I plan on writing a Media plugin down the road to help with this, but in the mean time, if you come across any solution or anything that helps your performance issues, please post back. (conversely, I'll do the same).

• David Hutson 48 posts 379 karma points
    May 04, 2017 @ 15:56
    David Hutson

Hi,

I recently worked with a client who used Cloudinary to manage their image repo, with about 3000 images. The good news is I found this repo yesterday and it's been built for Umbraco 7. It works well but is only just out. I know it works on 7.6 because I set it up earlier. It's a great starting point!

Taken down - https://github.com/Hillarys/umbracocloudinaryintegration

• John Bergman 483 posts 1132 karma points
    May 05, 2017 @ 18:16
    John Bergman

Thanks David, but the link you provided to the GitHub repository is broken.

• David Hutson 48 posts 379 karma points
    May 08, 2017 @ 07:24
    David Hutson

Hi John,

It looks like the repo has been taken down or made private as it's no longer showing. Perhaps it was not meant for public consumption yet.

I will keep my eye out for it and message you if it goes up again.

• Danny Summers 22 posts 82 karma points
    Nov 02, 2017 @ 03:30
    Danny Summers

Hello folks - did you end up finding a solution to this issue?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft