Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bex 444 posts 555 karma points
    May 04, 2017 @ 08:03
    Bex

Umbraco Upgrade Troubleshooting

Hi

I have embarked on my First Umbraco 7 (7.5.13) Upgrade from 6.1.6 and it hasn't gone without problems!

I have done it manually and I have got to a point where the majority of the site front end is working but still have some problems that I am now hitting a wall with. I think they are all related but unsure where to go from here.

First Problem ~ In the backend, a few of the editor windows aren't styled. For example, the Edit Template window:

Edit Template window

Also the XSLT and Macro editor

Second Problem~ If I click save in the unstyled edit template window It doesn't save but chrome dev tools says:

http://mywebsite/umbraco/RestServices/SaveFile/SaveTemplate 417 (Expectation Failed)

The log, however, doesn't say anything abnormal happened.

Third problem~ In the front end, some of my pages show "gobbledygook". The particular one is a page with a contact form from a usercontrol on it.

gobbledygook

The log file says:

No physical template file was found for template

If I look at the template in the backend it is blank but if I look at the actual file its still all there. If it makes a difference the filename is similar to "mywebsite-contactform.master" (with a dash)

I have followed the following pages (or at least think I have):

Comparison Page

Upgrades In General

Upgrading to Umbraco 7

Version Specific Upgrades

How to Diagnose Umbraco Upgrade Problems

I am sure I have just missed something, but I cannot work out what! Can anyone help?

Thanks

Bex

May 04, 2017 @ 12:24
    Bex

Well after much hair pulling I started over and it's got slightly better but not much!

The Styles on the edit pages now show but now when I try and save on a template I get the following error showing :

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'val' of undefined at _class.submitSuccess (VM1127 DependencyHandler.axd?s.....

Again with no log file errors

My front end page is still showing gobbledygook and throwing the same error! :(

I really don't get what I'm doing wrong!

• Neil Hodges 338 posts 987 karma points
    May 04, 2017 @ 15:09
    Neil Hodges

Hi Bex

How are you performing the upgrade?

Manually or using Nuget for instance?

Are you going straight from v6.1.6 to v7.5.13

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7100 karma points c-trib
    May 04, 2017 @ 15:16
    Nicholas Westby

Not sure if it's the same for you, but I recently had similar sorts of errors when upgrading from Umbraco 6.1.3 to 6.2.6. The main issue in my case was that the format changed for ~/config/trees.config. Contour had a few entries in there in the old format. Once I fixed that up, the styles for the rest of the back office looked normal.

Old Format

<add silent="false" initialize="true" sortOrder="0" alias="forms" application="contour" title="Forms" iconClosed="legacy" iconOpen="legacy" assembly="Umbraco.Forms.UI" type="Trees.LoadForm" action="" />
      <add silent="false" initialize="true" sortOrder="1" alias="formdatasources" application="contour" title="Data Sources" iconClosed="legacy" iconOpen="legacy" assembly="Umbraco.Forms.UI" type="Trees.LoadDataSource" action="" />
      <add silent="false" initialize="true" sortOrder="2" alias="formprevaluesource" application="contour" title="Prevalue Sources" iconClosed="legacy" iconOpen="legacy" assembly="Umbraco.Forms.UI" type="Trees.LoadPreValueSource" action="" />
      <add silent="false" initialize="true" sortOrder="5" alias="formssecurity" application="users" title="Contour security" iconClosed="legacy" iconOpen="legacy" assembly="Umbraco.Forms.UI" type="Trees.LoadFormsSecurity" action="" />

New Format

<add silent="false" initialize="true" sortOrder="0" alias="forms" application="contour" title="Forms" iconClosed="legacy" iconOpen="legacy" type="Umbraco.Forms.UI.Trees.LoadForm, Umbraco.Forms.UI" action="" />
      <add silent="false" initialize="true" sortOrder="1" alias="formdatasources" application="contour" title="Data Sources" iconClosed="legacy" iconOpen="legacy" type="Umbraco.Forms.UI.Trees.LoadDataSource, Umbraco.Forms.UI" action="" />
      <add silent="false" initialize="true" sortOrder="2" alias="formprevaluesource" application="contour" title="Prevalue Sources" iconClosed="legacy" iconOpen="legacy" type="Umbraco.Forms.UI.Trees.LoadPreValueSource, Umbraco.Forms.UI" action="" />
      <add silent="false" initialize="true" sortOrder="5" alias="formssecurity" application="users" title="Contour security" iconClosed="legacy" iconOpen="legacy" type="Umbraco.Forms.UI.Trees.LoadFormsSecurity, Umbraco.Forms.UI" action="" />

May 08, 2017 @ 07:47
    Bex

@Neil

I'm doing it direct and manually.

@Nicholas

I totally overwrote most of the config files as most of them didn't have any changes. The styles in the backend seem to be ok now, just the gobbledygook showing and error on the front end! :(

Thanks for any help!

Bex

May 08, 2017 @ 08:26
    Bex

I forgot to mention I am now getting a new error on the front end gobbledygook page.

ERROR Umbraco.Core.UmbracoApplicationBase - An unhandled exception occurred System.Web.HttpParseException (0x80004005): A space or line break was encountered after the "@" character. Only valid identifiers, keywords, comments, "(" and "{" are valid at the start of a code block and they must occur immediately following "@" with no space in between.

at System.Web.WebPages.Razor.RazorBuildProvider.EnsureGeneratedCode()
    at System.Web.WebPages.Razor.RazorBuildProvider.get_CodeCompilerType() at System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvider.GetCompilerTypeFromBuildProvider(BuildProvider buildProvider) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvidersCompiler.ProcessBuildProviders() at System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvidersCompiler.PerformBuild() at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileWebFile(VirtualPath virtualPath) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean throwIfNotFound, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithNoAssert(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean throwIfNotFound, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVirtualPathObjectFactory(VirtualPath virtualPath, HttpContext context, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean throwIfNotFound) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetCompiledType(VirtualPath virtualPath) at System.Web.Mvc.BuildManagerCompiledView.Render(ViewContext viewContext, TextWriter writer) at Umbraco.Core.Profiling.ProfilingView.Render(ViewContext viewContext, TextWriter writer) at System.Web.Mvc.ViewResultBase.ExecuteResult(ControllerContext context) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilterRecursive(IList1 filters, Int32 filterIndex, ResultExecutingContext preContext, ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilterRecursive(IList1 filters, Int32 filterIndex, ResultExecutingContext preContext, ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilterRecursive(IList1 filters, Int32 filterIndex, ResultExecutingContext preContext, ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilterRecursive(IList1 filters, Int32 filterIndex, ResultExecutingContext preContext, ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList1 filters, ActionResult actionResult) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass21.<BeginInvokeAction>b__1e(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.EndInvokeAction(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.<BeginExecuteCore>b__1d(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ExecuteCoreState innerState) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncVoid1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecuteCore(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
    at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncVoid1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecute(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.<BeginProcessRequest>b__5(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ProcessRequestState innerState) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncVoid1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

I am not sure what is going on here as the page is a master page and has no razor on it - or is this a red herring?

I've got the default rendering engine as "Webforms" in the umbracosettings config file.

May 15, 2017 @ 12:16
    Bex

Just a final update on this.. All the pages that showed as gobbledygook I had to recreate the templates. Seems just about ok now.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft