Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Antoine Bergeron 18 posts 107 karma points
    May 05, 2017 @ 02:50
    Antoine Bergeron

Site using uSkinned not working after upgrading to 7.6

I have a multilingual website built on 7.5 using a uSkinned theme. I upgraded it today to 7.6, but the front end no longer works. The error being in one of the uSkinned partiaI views, I'm not too sure where it is coming from. Back end works fine.

Anybody upgraded a uSkinned site to the new version?

enter image description here

• Erik Hvidtfeldt 3 posts 83 karma points
    May 05, 2017 @ 07:54
    Erik Hvidtfeldt

I have the same problem.

The backend works fine but the frontend gives me the samme problem.

I copied the old web.config back an the site is running.

Now the trick is to find out what in the new web.config that causes the site to crash.

i am still investigating (Winmerge)

• Kevin Jump 2311 posts 14696 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    May 05, 2017 @ 07:59
    Kevin Jump

Hi,

Its Likely that is failing becuse the line above settingsFolder is returning null.

This might be because of the inclusion of the Core Property Value converters in 7.6 check .

EnablePropertyValueConverters is set to false in config/umbracoSetting.config in the settings/content section of the file. see https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Getting-Started/Setup/Upgrading/760-breaking-changes#property-value-converters-u4-7318

or it could just be that the websiteConfiugrationNode value isn't set on your settings node in the content section, check the value and republish that node.

• Antoine Bergeron 18 posts 107 karma points
    May 05, 2017 @ 12:55
    Antoine Bergeron

EnablePropertyValueConverters in UmbracoSettings.config was set to true. Changing it to false did the work. Thanks a lot!

• Erik Hvidtfeldt 3 posts 83 karma points
    May 05, 2017 @ 08:28
    Erik Hvidtfeldt

Hi I have the same problem. The EnablePropertyValueClonverters is set to true and all website configuration files are republished. this is not helping. I think the problem is in the web.config file

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft