Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Surajit Saha 13 posts 83 karma points
    May 12, 2017 @ 11:35
    Surajit Saha

Matching Confirm email address

I have created a form that have Email address and Confirm Email address. How do i validate this. i am using umbraco 7.0

• Tim Watts 90 posts 395 karma points
    May 12, 2017 @ 12:42
    Tim Watts

Hi,

I asked a similar question a week ago here, it has not had any replies.

I've thought about it since, but not yet had time to implement a solution. Since each field is rendered individually they do not know anything about each other. I think the best idea is to create a new type of field, with two text boxes which must be validated as identical (could also be used as password entry for example).

There is information here on adding a new field type but essentially you want to create the designer markup in App_Plugins/UmbracoForms/BackOffice/Common/FieldTypes, the front end markup in Views/Partials/Forms/FieldTypes, and then a controller which inherits from Umbraco.Forms.Core.FieldType.

If I ever get around to resolving my own question I will add a solution there.

Regards,

Tim

May 12, 2017 @ 12:46
    Surajit Saha

Thanks for your kind reply. I will try with this and let you know if i resolve this issue.

May 12, 2017 @ 12:49
    Surajit Saha

One another question, do you have any idea how i skip pages on dropdown value condition. I have create a simple form with several pages added in this. I need to skip pages on condition.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft