Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kris Janssen 210 posts 569 karma points c-trib
    May 14, 2017 @ 20:26
    Kris Janssen

Backoffice Umbraco Package Repo browser cannot be loaded after upgrade to 7.6.1 from 7.4.3

Hi guys,

Today tried to upgrade a 7.4.3 to 7.6.1 manually.

Replaced following folders:

Umbraco
    Umbraco_client
    bin

Additionally took the new web.config and translplanted my config string into it.

Had to recompile some custom dll's to support the newest version of the Newtonsoft JSON library but after that, everything ran smoothly. Except when I try to navigate to the Repo Browser in backoffice:

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'umbraco.presentation.developer.packages.BrowseRepository'.

Source Error: 

Line 1:  <%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" MasterPageFile="../../masterpages/umbracoPage.Master" Title="Browse Repository" CodeBehind="BrowseRepository.aspx.cs" Inherits="umbraco.presentation.developer.packages.BrowseRepository" %>
    Line 2:  <%@ Register TagPrefix="cc1" Namespace="umbraco.uicontrols" Assembly="controls" %>
    Line 3:  

Source File: /umbraco/developer/packages/BrowseRepository.aspx    Line: 1 

This strikes me as odd since I expect that type is in the core Umbraco binaries.

A bit lost as to what might be causing this...

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    May 14, 2017 @ 20:28
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Kris

Be sure that you merged /config/trees.config file. It contains info about what types should handle each page.

Thanks,

Alex

• Kris Janssen 210 posts 569 karma points c-trib
    May 14, 2017 @ 20:42
    Kris Janssen

That indeed was the fix.

Apparently the tree layout changed from:

enter image description here

To:

enter image description here

It is the one file I neglected to check properly with my diff tool :)

May 14, 2017 @ 20:50
    Alex Skrypnyk

Glad that you solved this issue! I had the same problem after my first upgrading :)

Alex

May 14, 2017 @ 20:32
    Alex Skrypnyk

Developers section should contain:

<!--Developer-->
      <add initialize="true" sortOrder="0" alias="packager" application="developer" iconClosed="icon-folder" iconOpen="icon-folder-open" type="Umbraco.Web.Trees.PackagesTreeController, umbraco" />
      <add initialize="true" sortOrder="1" alias="dataTypes" application="developer" title="Data Types" iconClosed="icon-folder" iconOpen="icon-folder" type="Umbraco.Web.Trees.DataTypeTreeController, umbraco" />
      <add application="developer" alias="macros" title="Macros" type="umbraco.loadMacros, umbraco" iconClosed="icon-folder" iconOpen="icon-folder" sortOrder="2" />
      <add application="developer" alias="relationTypes" title="Relation Types" type="umbraco.loadRelationTypes, umbraco" iconClosed="icon-folder" iconOpen="icon-folder" sortOrder="4" />
      <add application="developer" alias="xslt" title="XSLT Files" type="umbraco.loadXslt, umbraco" iconClosed="icon-folder" iconOpen="icon-folder" sortOrder="5" />
      <add application="developer" alias="partialViewMacros" type="Umbraco.Web.Trees.PartialViewMacrosTreeController, umbraco" silent="false" initialize="true" sortOrder="6" title="Partial View Macro Files" iconClosed="icon-folder" iconOpen="icon-folder" />

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft