Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kris Janssen 210 posts 569 karma points c-trib
    May 15, 2017 @ 17:19
    Kris Janssen

Articulate unable to publish posts after upgrade to 7.6.1

Hi,

I got hit by an odd issue. I upgraded a 7.4.x to 7.6.1 and everything went smoothly.

I disabled the new property value converters in umbracoSettings.config to be safe.

When I now try to publish posts in Articulate I get:

System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.

at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
    at System.Collections.ObjectModel.KeyedCollection`2.get_Item(TKey key)
    at Umbraco.Core.Models.ContentBase.GetValue[TPassType](String propertyTypeAlias)
    at Articulate.UmbracoEventHandler.ContentService_Saving(IContentService sender, SaveEventArgs`1 e)
    at Umbraco.Core.Events.ScopeEventDispatcherBase.DispatchCancelable[TSender,TArgs](TypedEventHandler`2 eventHandler, TSender sender, TArgs args, String eventName)
    at Umbraco.Core.Services.ContentService.SaveAndPublishDo(IContent content, Int32 userId, Boolean raiseEvents)
    at Umbraco.Core.Services.ContentService.Umbraco.Core.Services.IContentServiceOperations.SaveAndPublish(IContent content, Int32 userId, Boolean raiseEvents)
    at Umbraco.Core.Services.ContentService.SaveAndPublishWithStatus(IContent content, Int32 userId, Boolean raiseEvents)
    at Umbraco.Web.Editors.ContentController.PostSave(ContentItemSave contentItem)
    at lambda_method(Closure , Object , Object[] )
    at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ActionExecutor.<>c__DisplayClass10.<GetExecutor>b__9(Object instance, Object[] methodParameters)
    at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ActionExecutor.Execute(Object instance, Object[] arguments)
    at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ExecuteAsync(HttpControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 arguments, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
    at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ApiControllerActionInvoker.<InvokeActionAsyncCore>d__0.MoveNext()
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
    at System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute.<CallOnActionExecutedAsync>d__5.MoveNext()
    at System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute.<CallOnActionExecutedAsync>d__5.MoveNext()
    at System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute.<ExecuteActionFilterAsyncCore>d__0.MoveNext()
    at System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute.<ExecuteActionFilterAsyncCore>d__0.MoveNext()
    at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ActionFilterResult.<ExecuteAsync>d__2.MoveNext()
    at System.Web.Http.Filters.AuthorizationFilterAttribute.<ExecuteAuthorizationFilterAsyncCore>d__2.MoveNext()
    at System.Web.Http.Filters.AuthorizationFilterAttribute.<ExecuteAuthorizationFilterAsyncCore>d__2.MoveNext()
    at System.Web.Http.Dispatcher.HttpControllerDispatcher.<SendAsync>d__1.MoveNext()

Looking into it myself but any community feedback is welcome :)

• Shannon Deminick 1524 posts 5270 karma points MVP 2x
    Jun 22, 2017 @ 13:33
    Shannon Deminick

I cannot replicate the issue and from the stack trace it's just doing a normal Umbraco save operation.

Do you have any special event handlers? Can you replicate with a vanilla install?

• steinar mar 3 posts 73 karma points
    Jul 14, 2017 @ 14:01
    steinar mar

Hi Kris, I do not know if this is still a problem for you but here it goes:

I got the same error message when trying to save a blog post.

My situation was as follows:

I installed umbraco (pre 7.6) and articulate (2.05): Everything worked.

I updated umbraco to 7.6 - because of the new property value converters the tags and categories were not being displayed but other than that everything seemed to work.

I downloaded the latest version from the articulate github site, built it and replaced the dll file. That fixed the problem of tags and categories not being displayed, but then had the effect that saving blog posts caused the errors you posted.

What seemed to cause my error was this here in the UmbracoEventHandler.cs (line 197)

//now fill in the social description if it is empty with the excerpt
                    if (c.GetValue<string>("socialDescription").IsNullOrWhiteSpace())
                    {
                        c.SetValue("socialDescription", c.GetValue<string>("excerpt"));
                    }

I had no socialDescription property so commenting this out and rebuilding solved my issue.

I guess this social description is a part of the new 3.0 version of articulate.

Hope this helps!

• Shannon Deminick 1524 posts 5270 karma points MVP 2x
    Aug 07, 2017 @ 05:44
    Shannon Deminick

If you are building from source please be aware that it might not be stable. There is only a single branch in articulate which is active so if you build from latest commit you won't really know if it's stable or not.

In Articulate 3.0 there's an updated articulate dashboard to help you upgrade - basically just follow the upgrade instructions on the dashboard and it will install the new property types for you.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft